Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Unknown Bracket/Guide

MPH

Anybody have a clue what this pair of rods may have been bolted to the sides for. Have what looks like matching orange paint left on the part that was bolted against the frame,

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
curb feelers?:D
That was my first thought to Ray. I'm afraid we might be dating ourselves. Maybe the PO was short and couldn't see over the hood so he needed corner markers.;);) Lot of help we are huh?:D:D

Front fender brackets? (Didn't want to tell anybody that I was old enough to have driven a car with curb feelers) By Crackie! That was back in the days when you had to parallel park to pass a driver's test.

Curb feelers huh. mustta been needed to help protect them first time on tractors install of running boards. Guess I can take them off now too.:D}:)

Hey I am not that old, and I still have a set of curb feelers in the garage somewhere. Still new in the package. MPH, those rods have me baffeled also!

OK, I have a guess. I think the previous owner carried a long rope around to pull things with. He draped it over those rods and around the front of the tractor. How's that?

It's just occured to me that since this tractor is at Marty's, then someone may have draped something over the engine to help capture some heat. Since Marty claims it's cold up there sometimes.lol