Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicitys in Captivity

Jovee

While driving thru a town I rarely drive thru, my supernatural 6th sense abandoned tractor location warning system went off and picked up these homeless machines behind bars for something they probably didnt do. I went into the repair shop and inquired. After I explained my interest in anything depicted in a cave painting, he told me the owner was out on a run and to give him a call about prices. He mentioned a # starting with an 8 and that almost sent me into shock. They have been out there a while he says and the owner may have a better # in "as is" condition. I have a feeling they will still be out of my price range

Hmm, Sounds like a 'covert operation' might be deemed in order to 'bust em outta there'! LOL I hate when I see things like that! They will sit & rust until they are worthless. Bummer...

are they hydrostatic....hydrolifts, i dont see lift handles so they must be.....if they run good and look good with no major problems they could be worth pretty close to 8... He is asking top dollar but not way out there. Just a little out there.

None of them are 7100's so at best they may have an electric lift. Also appear to all have briggs engines. I have found some dealers who price stuff this way. There is one shop that wants $500 for a 3416 parts tractor w/bad engine.

The '8' was $800. Each. The first one was a Baron. The 2nd a 7016 and the last a 7013. I did get in contact with the owner and he's really nice guy. They have only been in jail since last fall and were in on trades.The 7016 he said has gearbox problems. In as is condition he would like to get 5 out of them but they are planned to be revamped for the spring. The 4200s in the backround werent much to look at. He has a warehouse offsight with about 200 more and lots of orange. He also has 3 brand new never been run Simps from 1980. One broadmoor, one baron and one landlord but those arent for sale. I told him of the club and maybe we can get another new member with a big collection -