Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower storage

firefoxz1

What do you do for storage of your snowblowers with the long chute handle? I just bought one from my uncle's estate and am not going to use it this winter but with the handle it makes it a little akward to store. I've been thinking of cutting it and using a sleeve with pins to assemble it back together when needed. On the one I have now I took the handle completely off and and reinstalled but messing with the cable was a hassle. Any suggestions will be accepted and thought about. Thanks.

I pull the pin and pill the handle out (with the cable attached) and lay the handle across the top of the blower. Works great!

Levi: That's the way it is now but it can be slid under a shelf if off Dave: That's my plan before next winter, I already have the motor. I decided to remove both the shoot and rod and strap together for storage. Makes it alot more compact.

I stand mine up on end during the winter & bungee it to the wall as it's next to my brides Volvo, :) disconnect the bracket for the rotator, turn the chute facing in & down & lay the handle down. For long term I take rotator & chute off, but duct tape the cable before I loosen it up. I found rolling it around on my creeper works well.

Before I added an electric chute rotator I made the rod a folding one like on the new style blowers, I used a couple of 12 in. el cheapo bar clamps by cutting off 6 inches of the bar I had what I needed for the rod and still had two 6 in. crappy bar clamps. This also lengthened the rod enough to be able to use it inside the cab. [img]/club2/attach/redbarnrick/DSC00032.jpg[/img]

Good idea, one ? though Rick, isn't the arm round? How did you extend? Do the bar clamps have 1/2 round inside that straddle the round portion? Where did you get them? Thanks.

Gary, Look at Rick's picture. With two bolts at each end the flat bar is held straight with the round rod, without the inside being round. If the inside were round, then only one bolt would be required on each end of the flat bar. You could also use a tube to make the extension. I have a wooden pallet that sits in the corner of my storage hut. I put the blower on this pallet when not attached to the tractor. That way it is off the ground and remains dry and relatively free from rust.

[quote]Originally posted by HubbardRA
Gary, Look at Rick's picture. With two bolts at each end the flat bar is held straight with the round rod, without the inside being round. If the inside were round, then only one bolt would be required on each end of the flat bar. Hello, sorry must have been sleeping! Thanks for waking me up.