Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New to me toys!!

mwells

Last saturday Ben and I went to our local junk yard here in town. Good thing I brought him along because he found me this!!!

The only thing I'm missing is the hitch to adapt it to my B-12. Anyone have any pictures?? Then we went to another guys house and picked up this. Thanks for looking!

Neat score Mike. Can you still get a new brush for it? Where is the pulley to drive the unit? I see the one on the end but no hookup to get power too it.

Get a hold of Rob_B, he has their number and he also has a set of new brushes. We put one on his B110, a few weeks ago. Elon

Sweepster is made just up the road from here. They moved their operation about 20 years or so ago (6 miles) into an old Chrysler plant. I don't know if they are still using their Dexter address or Ann Arbor now. But they are still a strong company, so I would say parts are available.

I stole one of their models.

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
"I stole one of their models." the driver John?}:)
YEP, that's my lovely bride about 30 years ago.

I don't really have any idea of how the sweepster should hook up to the tractor, it looks like there should be a hitch that bolts up to the sweepster frame, as for driving it I'm lost, I might try some modification with a snowblower hitch if I can't find any pictures. Any pictures would be a great help! Thanks

Morn'in, I got your PM and I'll help in any way I can. I don't know about making blue plrints but I can take lots of pictures with a tape measure. I need an email address that can accept lots of picture and do you have access to a fax machine and a phone number for it? My hitch is just like the one that Elon has posted above (which I believe is from Dutche's tractor who is a past member). I'm assuming your's is newer than mine because you have a "steel" hood, where mine is fiberglass and the other one I have is plastic. Both of which are no longer available. The model number is a "C-48". It was made with the fixed angle to the right. From the serial number on mine they were able to tell me that it was made for tractor series 700 and was fairly popular. It was manufactured on March 26, 1976. I have a new set of complete brushes for that unit (so I've been told its complete) if your interested, as will the second Sweepster I have (which has a Cub Cadet Hitch). I also have a parts sheet and I guess an owners manual for the "C-48". The gentleman I've been speaking to at Sweepster is "Steve Thelen" and his number is 1-800-456-7100 extension 340. He has been excellant to deal with and seems to like that these older units are popping up. Good luck and hope I can help. Rob

This is the one I have, My guess is that it is an earlier model. http://www.simpletractors.com/attachments/rotary_broom.htm I was looking at the hitch assembley on the fiberglass, and mine, is it just me or does the drive shaft on mine look like it is closer to the sweepseter then the fiberglass one? Does the drive shaft on the fiberglass hood stay connected to the sweepster when you take the hitch off so it would look like mine? Thanks