Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

School For Legacys

Al

Hi, We just delivered 2 new Diesel Legacy XLs with 60" mower and Snowblowers to our local school. They are very happy. [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=Al&file=20138"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url] We received a Sim 9523 25hp diesel with a 60 inch snowblower and 60" deck, chains and a Koehn cab. We also got an Allis 5020 equipped exactly the same way. The 5020 and 9523 are exactly the same tractor except for the hood decals. When a dealer got them new, they came with both hood decals and the dealer put the hood decals on and made them what they wanted. [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=Al&file=20139"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url] My 7 year old grandson spent about 2 hours this afternoon driving it around. He checked out all 12 speeds from low low at .1 mph to 4th high 7.6 mph. Then they wanted to ride their 4 wheeler and it neede a battery put in. He HAD to tow it over to the shop with litte sister driving the 4 wheeler. Then with a new battery it got some play also. [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=Al&file=20140"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url] [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=Al&file=20141"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url] [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=Al&file=20142"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url] [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=Al&file=20143"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url] These are really nice tractors and that 60 large 2 stage blower really works. Look at the chute on them. Hope these pics work. Al Eden

Nice looking trade in's there Al. I'd like a close up of the drive system on the blower. I'd guese it would be tough to beat the performance of that 60" blower on the diesel. Looks like it could realy move a bunch of snow.

Al, Interesting pictures. Would love to visit your place. [img]/club2/attach/Al/DSCN3221LegDslsMOwSnoBlow0Redcopy.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Al/DSCN3222Caleb9523Feb06Redcopy.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Al/DSCN3226CalebCait4whll9523Redcopy.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Al/DSCN3229Allis5020SnoBloRedcopy.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Al/DSCN3231Allis5020RearVwRedcopy.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Al/DSCN3232Allis5020CockpitVwRedcopy.JPG[/img]

Roy, Thanks for fixing the pics. We don't charge for visits, so don't let that fear keep you from dropping in. I would love to have a lot of you drop in. This why I always try to contact someone from the club if I am out and around and am not on a terrible time schedule. Love all of you guys. Al Eden

Dave, We may have to pull one open, because the coupler is kind of noisy and I won't sell it that way, knowing something needs fixed. If we do I will get you some pics. Al Eden

do you have any used parts for a 5015? mostly the engine side covers and pto setup for running a mower deck or snowblower? Do you know if there's some adapters available to use the more common 6 bolt pattern rims on the rear, like what fit on the powermaxes?

Those are 2 sharp looking Legacy XL tractors you sold your school.I like the 5020& 9523 tractors.I could get lost at your place looking around at all that orange you have there AL.

quote:
Originally posted by lb59
[quote]Originally posted by Al
Roy, Thanks for fixing the pics. We don't charge for visits, so don't let that fear keep you from dropping in. I would love to have a lot of you drop in. This why I always try to contact someone from the club if I am out and around and am not on a terrible time schedule. Love all of you guys. Al Eden [/quote ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I'm looking at a new Kubota BX1500 $5700 Tractor $1450 tiller $1350 front blade Package total $8500. Do you think I could get A new Legacy set up the same way for less than the $8500? ====== MY FIRST CAR http://chevy.tocmp.com/chevyscrapbook/files/kamp50.jpg
So, are you seriously expecting to get a 27HP machine for less than a 15HP machine? Or, are you just trying to stir something up? [?]

No offence but i dont see a Simplicity XL selling for that price with tiller & blade. I have a 2004 AGCO 2027 Diesel which is about $2000.00 more than a gas model and would have $11,000 plus just in tractor,$1600.00 in 60 inch mower deck plus, i have a loader which was $2500.00 which now is $2800.00. A tiller for that tractor is more like $1500.00 i am guessing plus another $1000.00 or better for the blade.You do the math. The Kubotas are very nice tractors but i have had nothing but Simplicity built tractors in the Allis Chalmers/AGCO-ALLIS/now AGCO tractors and would not settle for less.I am sold on the company & their products. You buy what your wallet can afford but dont settle for less . The Legacy XL 2wd list for $8375.00 on the Simplicity website with 27 hp Kohler motor,$8750.00 for a Kawasaki 27 hp motor.That is just for the tractor not no attachments.

You could buy a Powermax and put in a newer style engine "upgrade" then buy all the attachment you want and be in your price range.

Hi, I'll try to answer several at once. I have nothing for the 5015. We sold several, but I have nothing in parts etc. The 2 school Legacys Listed for about 32,000.00 as set up. I need to get about 4750. each for the two trade ins. Tractor, mower, blower, cab and chains. We still have to go over them, before they are ready to sell. They will make somebody a real workhorse. And Thanks again for fixing the pics Roy. Al Eden

Al, That is not a bad price for the tractor plus attachments. Those are very well built tractors for their age .Hope somebody buys them & takes care of them.

$4750 isn't bad for the diesels with those big blowers. Would make someone a good yard tractor. I wonder however if the school board members advertise the price of the 2 new legacys when they are running for re-election.

About a year and a half ago there was a very very nice Allis 5020 with belly mower and 3pt hitch at a local auction that went for about $6200. I'm not possitive but I think it also had power steering and live pto??

Hi, They made a good deal when they bought the old ones. I think from what I remember and what they got in the trade, the 9523 tractor cost them about 4500. to own for about 23 years. Then I found them the 5020 for 7000.00 about 15 years ago. so it even was cheaper. When the gov't buys equipment ALMOST ALL of the manufacturers have some type of bid award program that gets them a special discount off regulat price. It is not all that horrendous, but they buy better than a regular customer. One has to submit the invoice, and the signed purchase order and file for the bid award and then the payoff price is reduced, but you have to prove you discounted the equipment to the govt. body. The obvious objective is to have Orange or Green or whatever color tractors mowing parks, schools etc so people see them. If they run these new tractors for 23 years or more, they will be a good investment. Also keep in mind that part of this is related to the inflation factor over the last 20 years. These tractors were cheaper than the 9020s and 720s. They run on so much less fuel it is unbelievable They didn't have hydros, but the last 9020s were 9000+ in 1981 dollars and the Japanesse diesels were attacking the market at about 2500 less. the 9020 was a very expensive tractor to make due to the relativly low volume and the fact that all of the transmission castings etc were done by Simplicity, and weren't used by other companies. The 3 speed tranny plus the hydro weren't cheap. The Sun Star and the big John Deeres used the same rear end, made by peerless. etc. Much cheaper. The new diesels really attacked the market and destroyed the 720 9020 sales. Warner Frazier Sim CEO and I discussed the 9020 demise back in 1983 while on a cruise we won. He pointed out why the 9020 couldn't survive. It doesn't matter how good of a product you have It has to make people pay the extra price for it over other options. All you have to do is look at what has happened with the box stores and cheap tractors and you can see it happen. Simplicity is not in competition with MTD. We can't play in that sandbox. We have to identify our market and take care of it. Our customer want a superior product and service and support for it and are willing to invest what it takes to have it. Sears is the has the largest market share of anyone in the lawn and garden market. I would think the EPA would consider a significant portion of their lawn and garden products as poluting the environment and out law them. "??" In reality they serve their market and one gets what they pay for. Many people don't understand the difference between real COST and PRICE, or they would look to higher quality products. Al Edem

quote:
Originally posted by Al
He pointed out why the 9020 couldn't survive. It doesn't matter how good of a product you have It has to make people pay the extra price for it over other options. All you have to do is look at what has happened with the box stores and cheap tractors and you can see it happen. Simplicity is not in competition with MTD. We can't play in that sandbox. We have to identify our market and take care of it. Our customer want a superior product and service and support for it and are willing to invest what it takes to have it.
A one time Simplicity dealer here in San Diego stated to me recently that while the 9020 was a good product its demise was the result of competitors beginning to offer 4-wheel drive machines at comparable prices. I don't know about the value of this feature elsewhere but around here it's considerable.

quote:
Originally posted by Al
Many people don't understand the difference between real COST and PRICE, or they would look to higher quality products. Al Edem
Amen to that!!!

Al, ;)Visit??? :DI was wonder'n if ya might possibly consider adopting me:D????? :II'm sure you could convince the family that you needed a 57 yr. old son:I. :D Joe

Sure, Your bedroom might be in the shop, you might have to sleep on a hoist and get a mixture of gasoline and motor oil for coffee and endure a few other eccentric things. Always a need for someone that can turn wrenches ( the right way 51%of the time). Thats progress. One of my first bosses at Collins told me that obstacles are overcome with forward motion and sliding back and as long as you go forward morre than you slide back that is progress. Thus the 51% rule. I always tell my people that the only people that don't make mistakes are people that don't do anything, but when the eraser wears out before the pencil you are overdoing it. Seriously, the wages will be being able to pet Simplicities and all of the diesel fuel you can drink. Drop in anytime you can visit with a boring old fool. Al Eden