Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New PTO on the B-1

FastPaul

Hey guy's,I,m back,Sure feels good to be home!!Was startin to have tractor withdrawals!! anyway when I got home the PTO I got from Matt(Killer AC) was on the front porch,Thanks Matt. Nice little afternoon project, It was missing the spring tentioner hardware so I copied the one off of the Simp. 101 .I got the same size belt but it's to long ??? Don't know why they would'nt be the same? any ideas? Out of the box

Close to original

Just got to find a mower deck now

I just happen to have a chrome piece of rod to make the spring link.

Nice copy job Paul. Need to do that myself, have 3 pto's and only two spring levers. Only have two mowing devices but that don't matter:) Did you have a fun trip and resist looking for tractors in the swamps?

I don't know if you want your tractor to be as close as original or not, but the B-1 had its own center pto. The B-10 up to the B-112 had the same center pto to my knowledge. The B-210-212 had a bigger shaft on the center pto again to my knowledge, if I'm wrong, please correct me. Thanks

I think mwells is correct. The PTO's on my B-1, 700, & 725 do not look like that. As he said, " I don't know if you want your tractor to be as close as original or not". Not a problem as long as it works and you are not shooting for 100% original.

Oh great!! now I have the wrong PTO!No great loss but I would prefer the right one . dose any one have a pic. of an original one? Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Killer_A-C
That PTO is off a B12. I thought they was all the same. Sorry Paul. If you dont want it send it back,Matt
Hey Matt No big deal I thought they were all the same to,thanks again for your help anyway, It's the thought that really counts also Thanks Maynard for the parts pic.

Let me look out in the barn on that old B1 I have. Not sure if it has one on it or not. Hey if nothing else it will fit on your Landlord.

Peeled the blue tarp back, laid in the snow, with my carharts on:) and got you a pic of the pto on my blue B-1

Here's the one off the 3314. easy shot here:D

Now that I think about it, I believe the two I got with the B-112 are different from each other, think one was on the parts of the B-10 I got with it. If anybody wants I could take pics of them as thier on the B-112 and landlord, both in the warm shop:)

I think the biggest difference is there is not a tensioning lever on the 700, 725, and B-1 type. The spring is stationary.

Not to throw a wrench into this conversation, but the Wonder boy 700 had a diferent PTO set up from the B1/725. I can post a few pictures tomarow of one. These pic's are of the pto I took off a Wonderboy 700 to use on my 725 [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/wbpto1.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/wbpto2.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/wbpto3.jpg[/img] These two are on Kirk's Wonderboy that is on vacation here. [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/wbpto4.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/wbpto5.jpg[/img] Elon

As Elon has shown, the Wonder Boy PTO engagement linkage is diferent. I have only ever seen that type on a WB 700, the 700 and 725 have the kind like on the B-1.

I've got an early 700 that has the style like Elon's but it is not the real early Wonder Boy model. I don't have a pic that shows it well a the moment though.

Like Chris said the early B10's didn't have the spring tension lever. I updated mine from a big 10 I parted out that did use the lever. Mark