Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

any info on a 7016 simplicity?

Jeff Walters

The electric lifts aren't hydraulic. They use only a special switch that reverses polariaty on a small DC motor on a screw jack that takes the place of a hydraulic cyl. It makes an all electric system. It works well and they are fairly dependable. They will lift about as much as you want. The down side of these electric systems are you can't "feel" the attachments like you can on a manual or hydraulic lift.

I know a guy with an electric lift for sale. If you are interested, please send me a private message. I nearly bought it, but agree that I like to "feel" my atachments.

I have one on my mowing tractor and it works great for lifting deck. Seemed a little slow for plowing, especially when make a tall pile.

I have both on my tractors. Never paid any atension to the feel or how fast one worked over the other. One different with the hydralic life it won't lift if you have the brake pedal forward to stop.

How does the electric do in the cold, my hydraulics need to warm up a bit to lift the snowblower out of the garage.

Electric works great in the cold, and you can use the lift by just turning on the key. The hydraulic lifts must have the engine running.

" The hydraulic lifts must have the engine running." not so on a FDT,:) I can lift the front of the landlord up just crankin the starter. from back in the good ole days when these tractor had 'live' hydro lift. Strange, I remember when 'live hydro' lift was a new selling thing on farm tractors.:D:)

I have a 712H with an electric lift.Nice with a mower deck,but I use a snowblade on this tractor most of the time.It gets complicated lifting the blade at the edge of the road,trying to steer,and moving the hydro lever at the same time.I would prefer a manual lift.

I had an electric lift on a tractor once and it seemed to put a lot of drain on the battery when lifting, so you need a good charging system.