Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Don't know why but...

Wishin2BMowin

Well I don't know why but... I'm excited as they are predicting 10 to 15 inches of the white stuff to hit the Ma. area starting Saturday night into Sunday afternoon!!! Got my 3212H all set to rumble early in the Fall but haven't had any blowable snow this Winter. Been running my tractor every other weekend to keep it ready to go. Just have to pick up a spare blower belt tomorrow morning. If I have a spare I won't need it, but if I don't, Murphy says I will! Wish me luck!!! Hope to get some pics to show next week... If anyone else gets some of this storm, Best of luck!!!

I've got my 725 ready to go,and 2 walk-behinds to try out,just hope this one doesn't head out to sea.we've only had some slush here on the R.I. coast back in Dec.,,picked up a freebie Toro 3521 that didn't run because the needle was screwed in tight,{my gain} should be good for walkways and between parked cars--then i'll decide whether to keep it or trade it.

bring it on. i got the hb112 all ready to blow some snow plus the 7114h with the 46 inch blade. I am glad we have had almost nothing up till now but i am ready for it. These weekend storms are almost fun.

Boy! Send some of that to Nebraska!! We've only had about 4 inches tops, thats not enough to have much fun it with a snowblower. I have a 1920 with a blower and cab, and 816GT with a blower and cab, A b-12 with a 3 belt blower, and a Big ten with a 42 inch blower and cab, plus the B-10 with a blade. I guess I must have scared all the snow away! LOL I just got a sweepster so I'm trying to get that mounted on my 3212H. That would work well for all the light snow we have, but with this weather I might as well get all the mowers ready for tilling and mowing! Don't have too much fun! Hope it snows, and happy plowing!!

Hope you get your snow. They said MI would get 5-8 last weekend and al I got was 2-3. I went and played but it would have been more fun with 5-8.

The crew is ready and waiting! Their saying 8 to 14 here in CT:D Of course by Monday morning I'll wish we didn't get any:(!

Elon

you guy try to keep it all up there and out there and just have all that fun. i'm ready got my dual wheels and the blade on the 2012 simplicity and hope i don't have to use it. they are calling for some winter weather here but i don't expect must if any. i hope you all enjoy your selfs. JJ

I forgot the pictures [img]/club2/attach/jj marshall/PICT0004.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/jj marshall/PICT0003.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/jj marshall/PICT0002.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/jj marshall/PICT0001.JPG[/img]

HY guys, We got about 5-6" heavy wet snow today. Don't have blade for my 917 converted yet, or one for my JD either. It will be gone tomorrow anyhow. So have fun. dewayne

10 to 15 inches of the white stuff.I would be happy with 6 to 8 inches here.I have used more gas hauling out the trash,than I have playing in the snow this winter.Have fun and dont forget the pics..

Predicting 6 to 10 here. Maybe I will finally get to actually use the snowblower that I got from Dan. Do you guys think a Sears Suburban snowblower mounted on an AC will will clear that much snow? Gonna have to bribe a photographer if I get to do some snowblowing.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Predicting 6 to 10 here. Maybe I will finally get to actually use the snowblower that I got from Dan. Do you guys think a Sears Suburban snowblower mounted on an AC will will clear that much snow? Gonna have to bribe a photographer if I get to do some snowblowing.
we may be getting too much of a good thing here. They are saying they are not sure how much here on the south shore but we will be measuring it in feet. Ho much snow will these blowers handle well anyway. I got mine mounted on the hb112 and had no trouble with 4-5 inches of old snow in the back yard. How do they handle snow in the 1-2 foot range. That plus predicted 50 mile an hour winds has me stacking firewood in the basement, buying bread milk batteries canned goods etc..... I put a new battery in the hb yesterday and i hope i am all set......

The friend that got me hooked on these tractors has a 2110 with a 36in. Sb blower,2 feet of snow isn't a problem ,I have the 42in. blade on my 725,i'm thinking now that the blower might be a better idea.i just started everything up after checking them over--the only one with an attitude was the J.D. 826,had to hit that with ether.

quote:
Originally posted by dewayne
Hy JJ, What size tires are on your tractor? Thinking of duels on my 917 when I get back together. dewayne
DEWAYNE they are 23x8.50x12

quote:
Originally posted by Mick14
the only one with an attitude was the J.D. 826,had to hit that with ether.
Figures;);):o):o) Elon

Got the crew ready today ,New blower belts and oil changes checked them all over! Now let's see how accurate Mr. weather man is.I'm sure all the boy's here in northeast will have some good pics.tomorow!!so far this winters been a little dull. What would these guys be saying if they could talk?

quote:
Originally posted by lndscpr
I was gonna post an updated pic of my B but can't upload it for some reason.
Make sure when you raname the pic. it has no spaces or characters. Keep trying we'd like to see your tractor

Its been snowing all day here, but the temp has been around 32-33 so it hasnt been piling up very fast and not sticking to the road. Just starting covering the driveway at 548. Total accumalation so far is 4". Supposed to snow all night. Rod, you getting anything over on that side of the ridge? ddh

Well guys I'm off to see the wizard. Going in for 7pm tonight hope to home tomorrow afternoon so that I can dig out here. 8-12" predicted for our area. I filled the 3 musketeers with fuel and added air to the tires that needed it, ready whenever I am! Good luck all!!:D:p[:0]

Q.) "What would these guys be saying if they could talk?" A.) 2 of them would be saying, "Hey Paul, please take the front AG's off of us and send them to Erik in Milwaukee"

hey fastpaul that worked. thanks.... obviously it needs some work. I just won a new(old) hood on ebay. have a whole bunch of caterpiller yellow and some decals too. The dent is from a fight the b had with my old ford pickup. Above is the after pic. Below is the before pic. I have had this thing for over 3 years and this is all the progress i have made so maybe i should be called slowjohn. I put in new tires/rims/weights/chains for the rear. anyway she is ready for the storm now.