Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Johnson Workhorse Loader

lndscpr

How well do johnson workhorse loaders match up with simplcity allis tractors. I have 2 7100s and an hb112. I am assuming it would be a better fit on the hb112. I heard that there are no loaders tha fit the 7100's without major modification.

I don't have specific experience with a workhorse loader on either a 7100 or an HB112 but have owned a workhorse loader off a Bolens 1476 and currently have a workhorse loader on a Cub 129. Both loaders had different mounting brackets for each tractor. Neither of which would work on a simplicity. The Cub uses brackets that attach to the rear axels, which won't work on simplicity because they turn. The Bolens used a bar that bolts to the bottom of the frame, which also won't work on the simplicity because it would put alot of stress on the bevel gear box area. You can put a workhorse loader on a simplicity but you'll have to reinforce the bevel gear box area.

I hava a johnson workhorse on a 101 Landlord. I used it for 10 years with no problems. It was an excellent loader. It was a perfect fit for the 101. It has had a total restoration and still works great. Thanks Neil

Not as pretty as Neil's, but I have one on a Allis B-1. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//uploaded/BruceF/b1_loader.jpg[/img]

nice loaders. did they reqiure much modification. I just parted with a b10. maybe i should have it. may have been a better fit for a johnson loader than the hb112.

John, Here is a link to a page on how I mounted my loader. Please disregard the e-mail links, as I no longer have that e-mail address. [url]http://spider.smig.net/users/bfrondal/B1_loader.html[/url]