Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homesteader

Karl_Brandt

I just bought this Homesteader lawn tractor yesterday. I think it might be from 1971.The engine was replaced it now has a Briggs & Stratton 8hp I/C engine from 1986.

The tractor has 2 serial tags on it,one is on the side of the frame. Other serial tag is behind the seat. My parts manual on this tractor from 1971 does not show this style of seat.Looks like the fender and seat is from an older B-208 tractor? Looks like someone has changed the fender,the two serial numbers are different. The serial on side of frame is 12903053,serial number behind seat is 24801353.

PS:This is all the snow we got here yesterday,not enough to play in yet.:(;) Karl [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url]

Not possitive, but I think your right on the seat pan being from a B-208 AC. Don't think Simplicity used that seat with armrests, only AC's , at least from pictures I've seen posted here.

Right now I might be using this tractor for parts or wait for another one for parts? Steering wheel is bent in several places.:( Mower deck needs repairs...has several holes in it.:( Was told this tractor runs,they were cutting grass last year with the tractor. Gas tank is full of ice? The seat would fit on my AC B-110...needs a better seat.;);) Karl [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url]

Karl, good find. Yes it looks like the seat is from an older B-207. I have a 1971 Homesteader too. I think the front bumper may be from the B-207 also. The Homesteader series (at least the ones I've seen) have all had an orange front bumper. Mine has the tag behind the seat.

I found a picture of a Allis Chalmers B-207E tractor I use to own until I sold it.

This Homesteader looks like trans was changed at some time.The AC B-207E has the same hood....Wished I still had this tractor.:( I will park this tractor with the rest of my tractors until I find another for parts;) or get around to working on it. I have been working on my AC HB-112...doing some repairs and updates to the hydro lift for dumping trailer.:) Karl [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url]