Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Attention all members

Simplicity and Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractor Club
Newsletter from Tim Johnson to the members of this club.

Let me start this letter out by saying that we all owe a great deal of thanks to our one and only founder, Kent Thomas, for this outstanding club. It was his ideas and hard work that created both this club and his home page "Simple trACtors". Kent has put many hours of work into the club and it's time that we, the club members, start carrying our share of the load and I don't mean just financially. I have had many discussions with Kent and he asked me if I would act as president of the club. I will be honored to serve as president as long as the members of the club approve. Kent will remain the Webmaster. He will continue to support the software and the Simple trACtors page. Now I would like to call on the club members to help out with filling the positions of VP and treasurer. We need to set up an accounting system open to the scrutiny of all members before we can accept any money either from sales or donations. So, What do you all say, lets start running this club and give Kent the chance to become reacquainted with his family and his tractor.

Just a brief note to say that Tim has my full support, and my sincere gratitude. We need to both get organized as a "club" and simultaneously get more work done on the "clubhouse."

My skills, experience and interests (such as they are) are better used working on the "virtual clubhouse." I simply don't have the time to focus on both sides of the equation. Between my real job, the Air Force Reserves, my family, my old 1850's house, and now all of this -- I'm getting spread too thin... plus it's now spring and I hear my tractor calling....

I'll continue to play an active role, but I really do prefer to be the librarian and "janitor of the clubhouse." I'm sure you will all contine to be as supportive of Tim as you have been of me....

Thanks again, Tim, and thanks to all of you for your continued interest, enthusiasm, and support!

Kent