Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Maryland Snow

johnmonkey

here are some pictures of snow in Maryland. We got about 6-8 inches of wet heavy snow. One picture shows my V plow I tow behind the tractor.

Your rear snow plow reminded me of old times. I made similiar plow for my sled. I would simply pass the ropes from the handles of the sled thru the cross piece of the plow and would go out to plow snow between house and the barn.

John Thought I'd add on. This is Frederick 6-8", my 7117H with K341 and 42" blower.

Snow was disappointing, I was finished inside an hour, counting adding gas line freeze stuff. Didn't even break out the ultimas.

quote:
John, how deep a snow can you use that drag behind unit in?
I made that A frame plow about 10 years ago and I have plowed maybe 10" to 15" deep snow. I used to tow it behind my chevy s10 blazer, up until I got into these tractors. It works best if you start early and then plow every hour or two hours. I used to add weights to the rear and it worked better. Hey Ambler do ya got an extra snow blower for an AC 710?? Thanks, John

Hey Ambler, I have a front PTO hitch and a hitch for the mid-mount pto (from BruceF). I will send a private message. JH

Snow was disappointing, I was finished inside an hour, counting adding gas line freeze stuff.
I was done before I even got started,just a light dusting. Nice pctures.