Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor,tractor..which is the rarest of them all?

Simpleton7016

I am moving beyond the first stage of the disease whereby one quickly collect and probably overpays for all the gadgets and and attachments that he/she wants. I am now entering stage two of the "disesase". That is, I am yard shopping for no apparent reason. I am amazed at how many orange pieces are on the sides of sheds, barns, etc. I am curious what the rarest Simplicity and Allis tractors, parts, attachments are? From my own experience, I know the revitalizers, sicklebars and hydrolic lifts are desirable. But is a stumble across stuff in the future, what are some of the things that I should not hesitate to buy due to their rareness?

I'll step out on a limb and say the rarest tractor may be either the Factory Briggs powered Allis 716, or the elusive Montgomery Wards Twin Twenty......

I know where ther's a Twin -Twenty right now for sale but my winter tractor fund is way too low. I'd love to have it as the pics I have of it make the tractor in blue really stand out nice. As for tractors, the B-12/2012 are somewhat rarer than most other. The HB112 is fairly hard to find. As for attachments, other than the ones Kent mentioned for the B-series, it took me several years to find a bush hog for my 620. Backhoe attachments are grabbed up pretty quick also. Most can be found if your persistant. But the fork lifts and trenchers that Kent mentioned are almost exstinct.

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
I know where ther's a Twin -Twenty right now for sale but my winter tractor fund is way too low. I'd love to have it as the pics I have of it make the tractor in blue really stand out nice. As for tractors, the B-12/2012 are somewhat rarer than most other. The HB112 is fairly hard to find. As for attachments, other than the ones Kent mentioned for the B-series, it took me several years to find a bush hog for my 620. Backhoe attachments are grabbed up pretty quick also. Most can be found if your persistant. But the fork lifts and trenchers that Kent mentioned are almost exstinct.
Hey Dave can you share the pics. of the twin twenty?

I would like to have the post hole digger and a shredder. Only seen one post hole digger for sale and the guy wanted $1500 for it. They are rare.

Here are a few more I've never seen. http://www.simpletractors.com/attachments/sprayers.htm http://www.simpletractors.com/attachments/roller_blade.htm http://www.simpletractors.com/attachments/seeder.htm http://www.simpletractors.com/attachments/umbrella.htm http://www.simpletractors.com/attachments/earthcavator.htm I would also have to add, the carry all box, ya don't see them every day. Well I do:D Elon

I think the tractors depend on the factory accesories,hydro lift,RH lift lever,HI-Lo,Headlights,etc. I think the hardest to find for me is a Early B10. They are my favorite I guesss thats why they are so hard to find,Matt8D

Around my house the rarest one would be the one that runs!:( B-12 with hydrolift would seem to be pretty rare. What about that multi-gang reel mower attachment?

i had a set of reel mowers. set of 3 for a walk behind. gave them to somebody. A member near here. They were rusted up but repiarable.

How about the 50th anniversary Broadmoor tractor?I don't know if it really exist or not..I posted pictures of a 5010 Broadmoor I picked up last year and Kent said he thought it was a 50th. anniversary tractor..He said that Jeff Nemes had one just like it on Ebay and advertised it as a 50th anniversary tractor..My friend called Simplicity MFGing and asked about it and if I remember right they said there was no record of it specifically being a 50th anniversary tractor as they really didn't keep any record of that..She asked someone else about the tractor and he said he did remember running a small amount of dressed up Broadmoors.But he couldn't remember if it was a anniversary model or what.. Ok here is a link to the post about this tractor.. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=45637&SearchTerms=50th,anniversary I did end up keeping it and used it most of the summer to cut the lawn,till the garden and run the revitalizer this fall..I never hooked up the blower and weights ect this winter as I still had all the stuff mounted on my 728 so that was easier that switching things around..

A friend of JP's down near Ackron had a twin-20 with backhoe for sale a couple of months ago. I checked into it but he had already sold the hoe so I lost interest. He may still have it. Seems like I spotted it here in our classified section. (maybe not). Backhoe, would be my chlice for rare.

John, I think the pics I posted are of the same tractor that JP has info on. I'd just have to dig back through my e-mail o confirm. The T-T I posted had a backhoe on it that was sold separatly. Still a very sharp tractor in Blue. The darker colours really would bring out the Creame on the hood. I hope someone who truly appreceates it gets it. I know I would.

Tractor wize I would think the Simplicity 700 would be a collectors top choice. Not that its so rear but the first trator by Simpicity of that size, and it was only produced for 6 months that first year.

I wonder if the pictures that Dave posted are of the Twin 20 that JP has mentioned he helped the owner with from time to time, Those are the only pictures I have seen of a twin 20 besides the advertising info on this site

quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld
Don't you mean Wonder Boy 700? Elon
I believe Elon is right. The 700 was produced in 1959, and in 1960 but the first ones to roll off the line were called "Wonderboy 700" with a slightly different badge on the side. Those are probably the ones made for only six months.

From what I understand, people were getting confused between the Wonder Boy rear engine rider and the Wonder Boy 700 tractor. I believe they were only made for less than a year. I have one complete and one not so complete. The complete one is Kirks that is on vacation. Elon