Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

allis b12 trans problems

cowboyoutlaw

Hello everyone im new to this awsome site lots of usefull info on these great tractors here. Heres my questions i have an allis chalmers b 12 serial number 2204 i have no 2nd gear 1 3 4 and reverse work but when i back up it sounds like something is loose and flopping around in there i dont know much about the allis or simplicity tractors as this is my first i do restore cub cadets also im going to need the engaugement and disengaugment lever for the old snowblower and a lift bracket for the same any help would be greatl app. also what trans will fit from other tractors thanks

Welcome Dirk. I'm a little confused(don't worry, that's normal) about your data. A B-12 only uses a 3 speed tranny + reverse. Basicly you'd have to pull the tranny and see what's broken. If you can locate one a tranny swap would be much easier. You can post an add in the classified's if that's the route you want to go. As for interchangeability, they used a few different 3 speeds but all are interchangeable if you use the complete rear end. Anything from the B-10, B-12, B-110 and their Simplicity counterparts will fit right in. Stay away from the variable speed trannies as they are the same except for the main input shaft is different for the variable setup.

Hi Dave thanks for the info and your right i put 4 gear in the post but there is only 3 spds im not sure what the simplicity counterparts are could you tell me the models of them and the variable speed is that the high and low or something else id like to do a swap it seems easier what do these trans usally sell for and is the trans the bevel gear box or is that something different ive seen them offered but not sure what they are thanks again

The variable speed is not a high low, it gives about 7 speeds for each gear. It is a complicated and sometimes problematic system of pulleys and belts. A high low was available for the basic 3 speeds as an add on. It is a planetary type w/gears. It is extremely rare.

Welcome. The BGB, Bevel gear box, is the gear box that transfers power from the driveshaft to the pulley to drive the trans. and pto output for the deck or other acc.'s. in the middle of the tractor.

thanks everyone i believe im starting to understand how this all works together to move the tractor i havent been able to get out to check things out yet i just got out of the hospital tues from having hand surgery (got it cought in a snowblower) chewed it up pretty good but im getting the info for when i return to the shop thanks again to everyone who has helped this far Dirk