Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fresh Snow

Ronald Hribar

I would estimate that we had 6 inches of snow last night. Gave me a chance to try tri ribs and 26x12-12 lug tires. Don't know what I liked best. The increased steering contol or the superb traction. I had 18 plus inches of plowed snow at curb. Made the 20 hp Magnum really work. Never stalled or plugged chute though. No pictures . Photographer still in bed.

We only had 2 inches here in Brookfield. Rats! you are only 10 miles away! Maybe I'll get a trailer and come help you next time. Do you mind sharing your snow? :)

Maybe I can gear the blower high enough that I can blow it all the way to you. When I clean along street, where the plow leaves a bank , I blow it across the side walk and into lawn. You can not see where it goes it levels it all out over lawn. Much neater than a blade or shoveling.

I'll try to get a picture ofboth the front and rear tires. Quite a package. I blew snow at 4 am and again at 3pm. This morning was 6+ inches. This afternoon I had 3+ inches. Took all the Kohler had to blow it. To it's credit it never stuttered, and blew the wet snow as well as this morning, but forward speed was about as slow as the HYDRO could go. This is all we are supposed to get. Now it is going to get cold and windy.

You know, when I let the hydro creep along, it doesn't blow the snow very far....but when I crank her up, she throws it 20 - 25 feet!

The snow is so heavy it would kill the Kohler 20 hp. Now a 16 hp Briggs cast iron would have the torque needed.

I've always said that you can not beat that briggs. I just happen to have 2 Kohlers in the two tractors I maintain. And 2 Briggs that are in the tractors that are hiding at my friends house. I wish I would have boughten the last two new 16's that SEW had a couple of years ago.

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
All we got here last night in southwestern Michigan is rain.
This is the guess for yesterday. I live in the 6-8" area. http://www.crh.noaa.gov/crnews/display_story.php?wfo=mkx&storyid=1520&source=0

My daughter asked to borrow tractor last night. So I got Nick's ATV out and hooked on trailer that is in back yard (8X12) and pulled it uphill thru drifted snow to driveway. Hooked trailer on Ranger and put tractor on trailer. And she arrived w/boy freind to take unit home. I was surprised when she told me that she was going to operate it. So I gave her a quick lesson on running it. Evidently did well, her neighbor came out and scolded her for blowing snow on his property. 2 hours later tractor sitting in my heated garage. Never plugged it up . Belt still intact. She must have listened well.

Ron sent this to me to post for him. I brightened it up a little to help show his tires off a little. Lookin good Ron. Gonna see it in person one of these days.8D