Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Unidentified part

ReedS

I believe this to be Simplicity based on its coloring. I haven't seen anything like it on the ST site or here in the CH but maybe I'm not looking in the right place so if you can id it..... [img]/club2/attach/reeds/dscn1203a.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/reeds/dscn1204a.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/reeds/dscn1206a.jpg[/img]

It looks like it might be from a two wheeled walking tractor. The angle reminds me of a sickle bar cutter, not sure which way is up so I'm trying to imagine it from all angles...

Going with Kennys guess. The holes almost look the width of the front mounted pin connector for a Gilson deck and the color is close. The welded pin throws me off unless its a pivot stop of some sort. Some old Sears Customs were close on the color too but as for what it does.....???

Looks like Col Mustard in the Library with the Rope. Oh wait...wrong room. Uh...i'm clueless. But I have seen weight bars similar to that on the front of IH Cubs. Add weight plates as needed. But the color is wrong. Let us know if you do find out what it is. Sean aka Zippo

It's one of those speed wings you mount on the back to keep down pressure on the wheels when you get up to full speed in top gear.