Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I'm going to start tearing into the Landlord...

dbf

...this afternoon and drop the trans. First, I have to re-arrange the shop a bit. Once I get the trans off, hopefully I will be in a better position to gauge what I may or may not have [img]/club2//attach/UCD/censored1.gif[/img]ed up. I'll take some pictures once I get it completely out. And Dave, I'll PM you with my results. Dan

dbf I think you better clean up your language. that type of language is not tolerated here whether disguised or not. Consider this a verbal warning.

Well, I removed the trans from the tractor. Went pretty smoothly, took about an hour and 15 minutes, and that included the drain time for the 90 weight. You will all see from the pictures there was subtantially more lube than called for!! I suspect close to a gallon!! When I bought the tractor, I never checked to see how much 90 weight was in the trans, I just backed out the filler plug, it ran out so I put it back in and tightened her up!! I couldn't believe it. I'd say every seal in the trans is buggered now. The first picture shows the 90 weight coming out of both the filler and drain holes!

Again, another shot of the damage. The amazing part is, the old girl kept working, even after this happened. Too bad they don't make gear like this any more!!

And the last one, show how much lube actually came out. The drain pan already had about a 1/2 pint of 10W30 in it...the foam is from me blowing air into the trans through the fill hole to speed up the drain down time.

So, all I need now is a replacement and I'll be good to go!! Dan

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
dbf I think you better clean up your language. that type of language is not tollerated here whether disquised or not. Consider this a verbal warning.
UCD, for what it is worth, I never wrote the 4 letter word I suspect you are thought I did. There is nothing wrong with my languge, the tone I use, or the vernacular I choose to use. Please do not paint me with a broad brush, brother. The censor icon was put there for whatever reason, so don't tread on me. Dan

For your information You did write it. The word was typed out with three symbols %# instead of letters U C K The matter was reported to me by complaints using the alert moderator and one of those complaints was made by an officer that doesn't have moderator status. I was the one that inserted the censored icon SO the verbal warning stands. if you want to argue we will see if we can get you another warning this time written.

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
For your information You did write it. The word was typed out with three symbols %# instead of letters U C K The matter was reported to me by complaints using the alert moderator and a one of those complaints was made by an officer that doesn't have moderator status. I was the one that inserted the censored icon SO the verbal warning stands. if you want to argue we will see if we can get you another warning this time written.
Check your PM's

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
The matter was reported to me by complaints using the alert moderator and one of those complaints was made by an officer that doesn't have moderator status.
Good God get a grip!