Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

pow'r max ???

blackfarms1

hello, new to the club just purchased a tractor but I am uncertain as to what model it is the hood simply says simplicity pow'r max deck id plate says 001294 tractor id plate reads 750 001250 onan eng ccka-ms/2026G eng serial 0571297564 I think eng may have been replaced not sure please help thanks, sean

Welcome Sean. Without running the ID numbers, if it has power-max on the hood then it's a Simplicity if it has the ccka engine that makes it a 16.5 HP engine and that makes it a Model 4040. This is subject to engine or engine cowling swaps and some othe info. If you'll look at the top of the page take a look at Maynards post's on looking up your manuals from the Simplicity sight. They are free for the downloading. As for other details, does it have 1 or 2 lift levers on the left side of the dash? Does it have the switch key in the dash or under the dash in the screen? There are several tell-tell signs for whitch model you have. Also look under Simple tACtors at the top of the tool bar on the right and spend a little time reviewing the product line and the attachments that are availiable. Most can still be found used.

Welcome to the club Sean! You will find that we like pictures around here. And don't worry about Patrick, We can wait until tommorow for the pic's George

Are you sure that ID# on tractor is 750 as there is no pow'r max with ID# 750. there is a pow'r max with ID# 705 That tractor is a 4040 with a 16.5 hp Onan. The complete MFG# is 990705.

Sean: You have a nice tractor there. Congratulations. As stated earlier, you can find a lot of info on the powermax here. I have spent many hours searching the archived material in the Forums. Every time I have a question on them, it seems it has been dsiscussed here before and its all there for you. There is no better site for a guy thats looking for info on that tractor. There are also some guys in this club that are experts (in my own opinion) on that tractor of yours. They seem to jump on any question that comes up on them and enjoy it. Kind of like having a living manual at your fingertips. Hope you enjoy your new tractor and the manual.;) Ken