Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
TomF

Building an L-12 loader??? ;-)

TomF
My son would like to build an L-12 loader for our A-C B-12. I have access to affordable steel tubing, welding, and painting facilities. We were wondering if anyone has an L-12 loader from which they could give us measurements: length of members, steel tubing sizes, etc.? We also welcome comments on whether we are insane to attempt this, a mite overenthusiastic, or elsewhere floating in the ether... On second thought, anyone got one they're willing to sell? Tom and Peter Feldpausch

BrianS
I have been looking for a loader for about 4 years now. Every time I see one I was about 5 minutes too late. There is a company called Cadplans that sells complete drawings for alot of different attachments. There is another company called Metco that sells kits that match the plans. Metco will sell whole kits or just the parts you need. I was all set to order the drawings, but found other things to do with the time and money(or at least my wife did). Try cadplans at cadplans.com.

tej
If you get the drawings and measurements of the L12 loader it shouldn't be any more difficult than the CAD Plans loaders. One change you should make to the L12 loader is put double acting lift cylinders on it. I have an L10 loader and the single acting lift cylinders and the dump bucket limits it's usefulness. I have a drawing of the L12 in my B Series Attachments Parts Manual. Email me if you would like a copy. Tim