Jump to content

Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

B series PTO

Recommended Posts

I used to use a small spring with one end hooked in one of the depth adustment holes on the lift quadrant and the other hooked around the engagement lever. It worked good until it fell off and I lost it in the grass.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
I used a spring, I think it was an old unused foot pedal retunrn spring, and installed it one end connected to somewhere on the set collar or rod, the other end around one of the bolts mounting the steering assembly under the belly of the tractor hidden from view. Works really well.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
You need to adjust the set screw where it attaches to the spring...see the above illustration, where it shows "C" and the set screw. Mine did the same thing until I made an adjustment. Also check to see that the rod is prefectly straight. Mine had a slight bend in it from so many years of people pushing and pulling on it real hard, and once I got it straight it was ok. Might have to hammer it on a smooth concrete surface to make sure it's straight and true.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
The nuts at points A & B should be the self-locking type. They will have a small indentation on 3 of the flats. Some friction can be applied to the movable arm to hold it in place. Standard nuts loosen very quickly. Don't ask how I know. Jim

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Who's Online (See full list)

    • Talntedmrgreen
    • abu507
    • SmilinSam
    • RAC
    • Bill725
    • CarlH
    • a_sannine
    • BLT
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. rocks70
      (71 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

    • SonOfCreepfeed


      Thinkin' about this old girl.

      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

      Dean McFadden

      Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

      · 1 reply
  • Adverts