Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I found a wheel horse

dbf

I went for coffe after the race tonight and I was telling a buddy of my recent woes trying to get my old 2110 mobile again. After I told him the problems I was having getting the left hub off and how I wished I had a replacement trans to swap in, he says I know where there is a 2 wheeled Simplicity tractor. I had no reason to doubt him, so I went and had a look. Sure enough, it was a Simplicity wheel horse, Model W 1968-69 vintage, with a single furrow plow and a tiller. It is currently outside, buried under snow and wrapped in plastic. My buddy said it's been there for atleast 2 years!! Thing is, it is located about 1 mile from my house!!GRRR. I never thought of remembering the serial number to look up the details. I'm going out on a limb here, could that trans fit my 2110? First thing I noticed was the drive pully on the horse is on the left side, normally where the brake is on our tractors. Any ideas? Cheers, Dan

Dan, I do not know much about the Simplicity Walkers but I think you would be better off finding a tractor rear end to swap out on your 2110, either that or go ahead and fix the one that you have. After you get the hub off it is not that bad of a job.

If you were closer I have 2 or 3 transmissions that'd fit in your tractor. The model W walker has a pretty decent resale value of it's own so it'd be a shame to see it taken apart, unless it's basically a parts machine to begin with.

The model W uses the same trans as the 700-725 That is one of the few walkers that I do not have.Would like to get one some day.Bob

quote:
Originally posted by MDB
Dan, I do not know much about the Simplicity Walkers but I think you would be better off finding a tractor rear end to swap out on your 2110, either that or go ahead and fix the one that you have. After you get the hub off it is not that bad of a job.
Actually, after supper tonight I went and had another look at it. It's a model # 990189, 1968-69 era. I would have to say it's about a 4.5 out of 10. She's definately showing her age, which isn't a bad thing...the only thing I could see driving that 4.5 up higher is actually starting it and seeing if it will 'drive'. It has 2 decent chevron tires with weights, which I think would look pretty slick on the old 2110!! The trans will not work on my rig. The drive pulley is on the left side of the trans and it does not have a shaft poking out the right side. The guy who owns it is on holiday at the moment. When he returns this weekend I'll go see him. As for broken trans, I'm still hoping to get a complete unit. I think a swap makes better sense right now.