Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

101 Landlord top grill ?

FastPaul

Gentlemen I see a lot of pics. of the 101 and some other simplicity models with the top and bottom grill style frontend on the site' some are all white and some have the top grill black.What is correct?

[img]/images/new_in_1966/wagon.jpg[/img] [img]/images/new_in_1966/summer_cab.jpg[/img] [img]/images/new_in_1966/winter_cab.jpg[/img] [img]/images/new_in_1966/grader.jpg[/img] [img]/images/new_in_1966/101_vacuum.jpg[/img]

Thanks Manard One more? On this site under simplicity new for 66 it shows the LL with a white top grill and the LL I have came with a top whit grill also,I like the top grill better in black, was there a grill color change in one year to another ? I also just noticed that the dashboard and side panels are black too mine is white?

According to my books the 101 was only made one year 65/66, late 1965 for 1966 model year. the 64/65 9hp landlord also had a black upper grill. the 66/67 landlord 2010/2012 had a white dash and white upper grill. from the looks of your tractor with a white dash and white grill you have a 66/67 white dash landlord 2010/2012. [img]/images/1967_2012/cover.jpg[/img]

The 101 had the white upper and lower grill.The 9 hp landlord is the only one that had the black dash and black upper grill.

Thanks Sam and Manard I think your right white and white,To bad, I really like the black on the top grill but I really want to keep it origanl more!

All the landlord I have had and seen the 9hp is the only one.Here my 9hp landlord.Here is a pic for here of the 101 which is white on white.

Here is the 101 from the site [img]/images/new_in_1966/ft_cover.jpg[/img]

All of the pictures I posted above are from the simplicity 101 brochure and are posted on the simpletrACtors site. But it wouldn't be the first time simplicity used pictures from other tractors from other years in its brochures.

FastPaul My 1965 LL 101 has the white front grill and the white instrument panel. It has the Hi-Lo speed w/ hydrolift. I love it!!! By the way, I sure like the looks of your A.C.!! MPC:)

Sorry guys diden't mean to start a big ruckis I just want to make it right.The LL did have the 101 decal on the hood along with the dealers decal you can see in the pic. were it was after I preasure washed it of This tractor also came with the hdrolift and the hi/lo option,If this is any help the Serial No# is 006844 Thanks

Paul What is the MFG# ? The rear end had been change the hood also could have been changed. It wouldn't be the first time simplicity used pictures from other tractor models from other years in its brochures.

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
Paul What is the MFG# ?
MFG# 990351 anything is possable the hood seems to match the rest of the tractor I really don't think this was a mongrel tractor someone just threw together I did get the original rear end with the tires also came with the deck and the thrower .I just like to Know where the rest of the A/C parts tractor is

That is one of the two MFG#'s for the Landlord 101. The 101 had 2 MFG#'s 990350 and 990351 I don't know the differences between the two MFG#'s I found out the difference between the 990350 and 990351 The 990351 came from factory with hydraulic lift group. The 990350 had manual lift. Your does have the wrong seat on it.

Accually Manard it has three MFG NO# 101 990350 Electric start 101 990351 Hyydrolift Electric Start 101 990352 Manual start

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
That is one of the two MFG#'s for the Landlord 101. The 101 had 2 MFG#'s 990350 and 990351 I don't know the differences between the two MFG#'s I found out the difference between the 990350 and 990351 The 990351 came from factory with hydraulic lift group. The 990350 had manual lift. Your does have the wrong seat on it.
I was wondering about the seat, Thanks now I'm gona have to go seat hunting!! dose anyone have a pic. of the correct seat?

Sounds to me like you need to go over to the www.simpletractors.com site and do your homework by looking through the contents section..There you will find most all the answers to your questions.That is where UCD got all the sales fliers from..Look though those and it will show the seat..Also check out the gallery section.

heres the link Paul http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1966/landlord_101.htm Alot of info here and great pics