Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

what is this

lndscpr

i may pick this up for free. If someone beats me to it so be it. i bet there may be a part or 2 i could use. can anyone tell me the brand. Looks like a painted ford or jacobsen to me.

thanks sam, well, that would possibly be worthwhile. I was going to go that way tomorrow anyway so if it is there i'll grab it. If those tires aren't dryrotted i can use the wheels at least. Looks like it has a lot of doodads. I have no idea if attachments are included. Or even the hood.

you better bring a come along those bolens are heavy and don't roll easy if you can't get the lock pin out of the right rear hub.

What does "Wisconsin Powered" mean? Does it mean it may have a Briigs or Kohler engine? If so, is it limited to those brands?

Wisconsin is an engine manufactuer just as Briggs or Kohler was. They had a full line of engine but made their mark in industrial applications all the way up to V-4 cyl. engines on air comp. They are/were comonly used in older Ditch Witch trenchers. I have a 22 HP inline twin in my D-W.

Wisconsin Engines were made in Milwaukee around 50th and Burnham and about 15 yrs ago that all moved and I think they are located in Tennesee now.

just back from checking it out. I passed on it. had a little kohler motor(i think) that had been outside and exposed for some time with no plug. Steering stuck. Not worth dragging home for 2 good wheels/tires. You never can tell what you find based on a picture. I am not surprised that this was junk. Body looked good if someone is into bolens and in the Plymouth Ma area it could be a good repower candidate. body looked solid.

It was probably a tecumseh engine, either HH100 or HH120. Some of the parts on those engines are getting valuable. Would be a good score for a bolens guy.

Well, the last toy I 'picked up', was the Landlord I am working on now. Steering was locked, rear tires there in name only, no belts, the owner said the engine was locked up, and that the tractor wouldn't move when he parked it, some kind of transmission trouble. A few days of looking at it from all sides, scratching the head a bit, and a few bucks later, I have a brand new to me 65 Landlord! Steering locked up was all that was really wrong with it. Oh, that, and a piston in an overbored cylinder that is making me pull my hair out right now! If I went back around that route again, I believe I'd pick it up!