Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pretty good deal

biggie_rat

I’m sure I am not the only one this has happened to but I hope it happens more often. I stopped at a house where there was a really nice 712h Allis in the yard for sale. I found the seller was the original owner. His asking price was well worth it and after trying it out, I told him I would take it. Then I asked if he had anything else that I might be interested in that was orange. He said he had a snow blower for an Allis that someone had given him, but he had never put it on. We went back to where it was and sure enough it was orange, but not like anything Simplicity or Allis would have made. I told him I would pass on it and he countered with “you can have it for nothing”. I ended up bringing it home after all but didn’t have a clue to what it fit on. Then I asked if he had anything else. He said he had a blade for an Allis but by then I didn’t know what to expect. Under 2 or 3 layers of tarp, standing on end was a 42” mid mount grader blade. Trying to contain myself, the wheels were turning, trying to decide how much to offer. He said “now I’m not giving you the blade” Since my play money fund would be low from buying his tractor and another tractor due in a few days, I decided on $50 but would go to $75, knowing it was worth more than that. “How much then?” I asked. “Oh, how ‘bout $15. That happened last summer and in the last few days I had some new gravel for the drive brought in so I got the blade out, cleaned and painted it. Thus, the pictures below. [img]/club2/attach/BIGGIE_RAT/grader blade.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/BIGGIE_RAT/grader blade1.jpg[/img] B.R.

I finally tried it out this afternoon (the driveway finally thawed). I see why people like them. Now I need one more load. B.R.

quote:
Originally posted by biggie_rat
I finally tried it out this afternoon (the driveway finally thawed). I see why people like them. Now I need one more load. B.R.
Where's the pictures???????????:(:(:(

quote:
Originally posted by lboy1971
what did the blower end up being? any pics of that?
I sold the blower to a person about 40 miles away (we put it in the hatchback of a munchkin mobile), he said he said he was a toolmaker and was going to do some fabricating to fit it on something he already had, not an Allis or Simplicity. Oddly enough, the blower was very similar in mounting to a Simp and even had a drive pulley with the same setup with long belt and a spout rotator rod & cable set-up, although on the opposite side, but the body of it was taller. The big difference was the lifting mechanism would need to be under the tractor frame, about straight down below the steering box. I could see how it would lift and the pivot point would be at the lift pivot point for a Simp. It also had a set of rectangular fog lights mounted to it. Maybe he planned on putting it on the munchkin mobile and was too embarrassed to tell me. B.R.

Ron, take those running boards off so I can see the blade better! lol lol. Great score on the grader blade. Did it also have the hitch with it for your 15 bucks? Sean

quote:
Originally posted by ZippoVarga
Ron, take those running boards off so I can see the blade better! lol lol. Great score on the grader blade. Did it also have the hitch with it for your 15 bucks? Sean
Yes, on the hitch. The blade sticks out well past the running boards. I still need another load of crushed stone to finish up. I can see it is going to be a, use it 'once in a while' attachment, but a keeper. B.R.

Ok, after seeing this post,I just added another line to my to-do list. #87. Make grader blade out of extra snow blade laying beside garage. Really guys, I actually have line #6 nearly completed.[:0]:D

When I was doing telephone work I pulled in to a home with a B10, thought I would at least ask not for sale but that grader over there is, Holy Cow a mid mount grader blade. How much I ask, he said 25.00 could not get my hand in my pocket fast enough. You did better than I did Ron good deal.