Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anyone know much about these?

GWGAllisfan

I saw this today at a local dealer. I've never seen one of these before, are they rare? How good are they? Are parts still available? Any idea how much one might be worth? It said 220 on the side

It maybe a Case or Ingersol or possiably even a Jacobsen. what it is worth depends on the condition and how much you are willing to spend.

Pass on it unless it's very cheap - like $50. Take the engine and rear wheels off and save them, then toss the rest of it in the recycling bin. I don't have any use for the Case/Ingersoll tractors. It is not rare at all, unfortunately. They are hydraulic drive, not hydrostatic. The basically run off a pump, a valve on the dash, and a drive motor. They are erratic and difficult to maintain good speed, especially when a little worn. Attachments are not as easy as a Simplicity. The PTO clutch is a nightmare. I know it sounds harsh, but I just don't like those things, Tim

They aren't as bad as Tim makes them out. I've had a couple Case 210 and 212s. I have mostly level ground so didn't have to worry about the runaway problem they can be known for. I did find it an easy and nimble tractor to drive. The hydraulics are nice. It looks like a newer Ingersol than the Cases I've had.