Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Picked this up this morning.

dcw06

Been looking for a 42" blower for the 7016.Said something about it to the dealer when he dropped off our new ZT on Monday.He told me to stop in,he thought there was one out back of the shop,but was in rough shape and no hitch.I offered him 75 bucks and here it is.

Then I decided to bring the old spray gun out of retirement and test out this paint with hardener.Had to go with AC Orange,but if it holds up I might just use it on the tractor too.

After a couple hours with a wire brush and sandpaper.

After a coat of primer and 3 coats of paint.

WOW. Nice work on that paint job,looks like new!! I like the idea of that central vac. between the doors. That has to be real handy.

Thanks!I was in a hurry to get this done,Nascar on this afternoon and company coming.And with this type of paint it usually takes forever to dry.The hardener did help some,but still not the same as say Dupont automotive.If it wears good and stays glossy I will use it on the tractor,hopefully after the garden is planted.Oh,that vacuum is great,lots of power and with the extension on,it will reach the whole garage from there.
Here is a color comparison.

Put some of it back together,paint is still pretty green yet.

AC808 Nice job with the paint...Its a shame youre gonna ding up the inside when you use it!
Its gotta snow first!And if it does,I can just put a little paint in the gun and freshen it up.

Her is a pic of what was left of the skids that came on the blower.I just dont understand why someone would let anything get this bad.Didnt do the wear bar any good either.I had robbed the ones off the 6216 and painted them for the new blower,so I set out to make my own.The bottoms are 1/4" thick by 1 1/2"x7" long.Still no snow around here,so to see how well they worked,made a trip across the back field with the blower down.Never dug down in the soft dirt and grass.

Went ahead and made a pair for the other blower today.Just need to get some shorter bolts.

Got the 36" blower painted this weekend also.Put the good shoes on it.Like to sell this one,but dont have a hitch for it or know what to ask for it?