Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Clubhouse "bugs"

Kent

Kent, You don't need to apologize to any of us! Computers develope problems, it's just the nature of the beast! I personally want to thank You for all of your hard work, not only on this site, but in the club also! You do a fantastic job! I also want to thank you for getting my members profile up and running so that I can again enter the clun and the chatroom! P.S. the cookie tester above, works like a charm! Dick

Kent, Used the latest instructions with high hopes, double darn and etc...(place real words here)... . I still believe this is the best site on the web !!! Stan

Just to help clarify what I understand and am working on: There are problems with setting and reading the user cookie (that identifies you as a member) that will show up in one of three ways. (1) You will not get the options normally available to club members to add messages (or ads), view the member lists, view the full registry, etc. This is caused by no cookie, or a damaged cookie, on your system. The solution to this is to Log In, then go immediately to the Join Club screen and click the "Submit My Edits" button. This will reset your cookie. This will be a recurring problem, it appears, since cookies seem "fragile." (2) You will not be able to enter the Chat room. This is a separate problem. This is caused by a problem with specifying the domain and directories on the server that the cookie applies to. This problem popped up suddenly several weeks ago. I think I've figured out a work-around, but I just haven't had a chance to try it out yet.... (3) You're having to log in each time you visit to get access to all the restricted areas other than Chat (that's a different problem). If this is the case, try the workaround in (1) above to reset your cookie.... In addition, I'm seeing some erratic behavior on the For Sale, Want Ad and Registry screens. If you get errors, make sure that: (1) You're logged in, or your cookie is good. Here's a test link to see if it identifies you correctly. (2) Maximize your browser window. I've seen some errors on these pages that will occur sometimes if you're not using the full screen to view the page. Maximize the screen and it goes away.... I just wanted to revisit what I know to be problems, how to get around some, and what I'm working on... BTW, I've been out of town a LOT lately on business, so I apologize for the slow progress on these and other issues... Kent [A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/cookie_test.asp']http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/cookie_test.asp[/a]

Kent, Thanks for the timely attention to the techincal concerns.I found the KAK worm that Al had mentioned in a earlier disscution(thanks Al)and went through your cookie reset. Still can't get items for sale or wanted. I'm more than willing to try anything. It's sure a learning experiance. It's funny and I'm thankful but everything else works great. Everything still works great from work and my 486 computer. Let me know how I can help. BrianS