Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

my son totaled my only landlord 101

I had started to work on my 101 and got it running perfectly with out missing a beat :D. picked up a blower for $25. Hooked her up put brand new tires, chains, wheel weights, new muffler. Let my son take her for the maiden voyage on Michigan ground. Our dive way curves to the right and on the curve there is a 2 foot drop then a step hill. He was finishing up and backed up by the curve thinking there was ground but it was a snow drift :(. Went backwards flipped 4 times then sideways twice so it was on it side :(!. Still running and in gear it backed up into the tree. If it wasn't for the tree it would of went for the pond behind it knowing my luck. Almost stalled then now with the grill dented to the engine the hood pealed and folded back the front tire top were bent in the seat pan was flattened }:) and dents all over. The snow blower sides were bent over the blade so it wont turn. My son was sort of lucky his leg caught one of the blades and split open B)just got back from the hospital with 34 stitches its now 1:34 pm (mid central Michigan)the frame kind of buckled twisted and looked slightly bent in the middle like a v. Think I will scrap the good parts and buy another one sometime. Take the rest and make a grave with a head stone out back. Got plans to make a cross with mower blades. It makes me cry looking at her now. My son always told me to put up a guard rail after my truck took a similar trip. I feel its some what my fault for the crash. He told me the clutch must of slipped because I see him push it in about 4 ft before the curve so I'm going to take apart the rear end after the service tomorrow. My son is a very brave boy and a excellent driver. Not many people are brave enough to go on the hills and ditches. So that's the story of the landlord 101 "Remember The King".

Wow Nick, That sounds bad, you r son could have been killed in an incident like that...hope he will be all right, 34 stitchs is a big hurt. Just remember this, that Landlord 101 is just stuff that can be replaced, your son cannot.

Man, nasty crash, glad your son got out of it as well as he did. Now you have a reason to start a new project. That will keep you busy until the ground thaws enough to bury the remains.

At least you son is ok. (I would have killed him then asked what happend) Sounds like your son has the right idea, Put up a gaurd rail.

Good to hear your son is ok,other than the stitches.Could of been much worse.We have a creek along the east side of our lawn,about 15 feet down a one point.I wont let anybody near it on a mower,I take care of that part just in case.

My son is doing okay were praying that there is no infection.:)He told me he wasn't crying in pain he was crying for the lawn mower. I told him i'd rather have him than a lawn mower.I thanked god this morning he didn't die.I should of took it for its first run up here better me than him.It was his first ride on a 101.It really makes you think just how danjerous those blowers can be.I asked my church for a head stone they laughed till i told them how my son jake got hurt.My brother lives around 40 -50 miles south of me. he had a similar accident.I almost started to lay into him a little then he rolled over than i seen all of the blood.

Always Remember The first question is are you ok!!!! I know I forget this but it is the most important. The tractor can be repaired and would make a good project for you and him to work on together. If you need some parts I have a 101 also in Celina Ohio

Thats what he had in mind to the only thing he remembers is seeing the hardest project i ever took on smash and crumble down the hill thats what hurt him the most.Thats all i can get out of him today.he needs his rest unless he wants to talk.toad270 is that 101 mostly toegether or is it in all sorts of parts i dont know much about 101s yet so i want something thats not entirely apart.The only useable parts i got now is motor rear end drive shaft dash side panals gages,battery,.but those are extra.parts for the new one i will pick up.this spring when outdoor power puts their tractors and parts out in the yard again i will pickup one maybe i seen three of them and a serf their before didnt get them because i didn't know of this site .There were alot of good finds last year stuipid me!!!

would it be fairly easy to put together ? Can you post any pics ?I could put it together but i dont want to do it wrong!PLEASE POST PICS IF AT ALL POSSIBLE? I WILL PAY BIG $$$ IF IT LOOKS GOOD ENOGH THANKS

Here is a picture of what it looked like when I brought it home out of the chicken coop I had to take it to the car wash to get the smell off of it LOL All the pieces are there just apart I dont have any pics of it now the engine did run but but had a knock (loose connecting rod I had to use one of my carbs since it did'nt come with one) the gas tank had a leak I think at the seam but not sure the rear end sounded good but the BGB will need rebuilt sloppy. Sorry but I do have to keep the blade the deck and the B-110. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50460 I also want to keep the muffler for one of my other tractors since they are costly.

so how much could you put it together mostly so you can ship it i'll pay for that to and everything and i will wire you the money when the time comes.have to check with the mrs. because she will have to park her car out until our barn gets constructed.I gess thats the side efect of this site .My productivity has gone up nearly 50% at least!!!!!!now it cost me $50,000 and a garage chucked full of mowers and its only been about 4 mounths it better be worth it

Glad to hear your son is ok. My brothers next door neighbor was not so lucky, he rolled a snapper and it crushed his skull. JH