Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
BrianS

912H Hydraulics

tej
Hi Brian, If you do a search using "pressure" as the keyword, you'll find some discussion on adding washers under the hydro regulator springs to increase pressure. But, I suggest you wait for a reply from our more knowledgeable members before trying this. I too am interested in adding hydraulics to my 7012H. How about posting some details (pictures would be great). I estimated the factory cylinder stroke to be about 3 inches. Am I correct? What stroke cylinder did you use? Where did you find the cylinder? What are you using for a valve? Herb.........

tej
Hi Brian, it's me again. Your 912H doesn't have a reservoir, does it? Are you running out of juice (airbound)? From my limited experience, some systems are real fussy about adding fluid and bleading. Also, you don't say whether you used a single or doubling acting cylinder. I would think the factory hydro system would probably require the addition of a reservoir if using a single action cylinder. Herb....

BrianS
I found a place, I think the name was Surplus Supply I'm trying to find the info, and they have alot of neat stuff. It was the only place I could find a cheap ($40) closed center valve. I uased a double acting cylinder I had laying around. I used to build machines for a living. The trans works fine so I don't think I'm running low on oil. After looking at it the cylinder has a pretty big rod (5/8) and to lift the deck it has to pull. The rod area may be the problom on the force. I'll look into the spring thing and let you know. When I get it right I'll look into posting the pics. BrianS

BrianS
Hi All, I've been playing with my AC912H and added a home made hydraulic lift to it. I noticed on the 12hp tractors the standard option was an electric lift while larger engines tapped off of the trans. Why? Anyway, I built the lift with a 2" bore cylinder and tapped into the trans. All worked fine until I tried to lift the deck. It almost lifts it and will if you assist it with your toe. Is there an adjustment or a spring change that controls the operating pressure that is lighter on the 12hp models? BrianS

tej
The B Series ACs and same era Simplicities used a belt driven hydraulic pump. You should be able to get the pressure you need from a pump and you wouldn't have to change anything on your old hydro.

tej
According to the service dept. at Simplicity Manufacturing, the newer style hydro transmissions with factory hydraulic lift are designed different than the older style hydro transmissions without hydraulic lift. The service dept. does not recommend adding hydraulic lift to the older style hydro transmissions. For more information, contact the Simplicity service dept. at 262-284-8669.