Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

a new find/project ideas

Ok so its not orange or yellow. Its red any idiea ? Its a murray picked her up for $450 today just got back .18 H.P. twin briggs & stratton engine needs left front tire came with plow chains wheel whieghts 5 speed runs great belt drive though:(.I had my sorgavine that has a 2210 motor in it .I was joy riding and i notice wheel slip going up hill on the sorgavine.thought abought 4wd but thats to normal you know what im saying here.so i pulled of the motor an began to plan to put the 18 twin in there and if thats not crazy enough said my wife but my son agreed with me.I will also plan a front wheel drive system.the weight of the motor plus front ag tires and wheel wheights will be great for traction.thats one crazy idea.Another idea is to streatch and widen the tractor for the motor and a 54in or 60 inch deck and if thats not weired enough i could make it offset it to look like a old farmall cub like this then make some cultivators for underneth like this].I really like the way it works on a cub ineed something like that for my garden.So whitch idea is better.Please reply!!Need your opinion i need something to do while i collect parts for my 101

nighteye
Jeepers; you have a lot of ideas there. My grandpa used to do stuff like that, I never saw him sitting on a stock tractor. He was always trying to improve them.I say, if you got the time and material and the tools you can do whatever you want. AFTER you put up that GAURDRAIL:D:D:D

i ordered a gardrail 3500 dollars maybe next week that first.if he had fwd he would of had time to take it out of gear and put it in a foward gear