Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Grandpa's 3012, soon gonna be mine!!!

simplicity707

Wow! I had my birthday party last night, yes I'm 18! My grandpa just got my great grandpa's Sovereign 3012 put together last year. It had been sitting in a barn, disassembled since the late 80's. This is the first time that I had seen it put together. My great grandpa bought it brand new back in 1968 and used it every week to mow 5 acres out on the farm. My dad then used it in the mid 80's to mow our house in town,but by then the motor was so worn, so it got parked then my great grandpa tore it apart to fix. He then died and it sat apart until my grandpa sold the farm which would have been in 2000 or 20001, then he rebuilt the motor and put it together last year. He told me last night that it's going to me!! I'm so excited because it actually has senimental value being my great grandpa had it since new! Granted he only bought a 48" mower for it, but hey. I got to mow with it towards last year and wow was the deck big! Do any of you guys have any tractors that were bought new in your families? My grandpa bought a new motor to put in it, but it didn't fit right (thank god:D) so he took it back and had the original motor re-built. I told him it was more original with the original engine it. I can't wait, I'm gonna pass it on to my kids when they get old enough. Talk about a family heirloom! I'm excited!! David

David I am sure that with the right care and maintenance you will have many years fo service still left in that machine. I inherited my uncles 3112h in 95 when he died, he had that machine since new as well. I am hoping to pass that machine and my others along some day as well, but that 3112h will have the mose meaning to me. good luck

Glad to hear you got your grandpas tractor.It is nice to know that it will get passed down in the family.Always saddens me when people sell of family tractors because no one in the family wants them.Hope you restore the tractor and use it.

[url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=ike&file=20703"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url] congrats david i have my grandpa's tractor too! he died in 2000 i have had it ever since he bought it in 1971 new. we pulled it as kids at county fairs all over ohio. we have won many trophies over the years with it.im now in the process of rebuilding the transmission for it. we found some damage that was done to it,probably from all the pulling we did with it years ago. take good care of it. mark aka ike

:DI have an Allis Chalmer B-110 my dad bought new in 1969!When it was first given to me,I was told that you can't get parts for it anymore :(- since then I've found this club,and everything and everyone has been great.I've been able to find manuals, N.O.S.(new old stock) parts,impliments and made some friends.8)I've watched four generations enjoy that tractor!:)When I look back now,its probably one of the best investments my dad made.Life is good

Happy Birthday David!!! It's great that you got Grandpa's tractor and can apreciate it for what it is. When I bought my 1920 in back in 92, there was a poster in the showroom that said something like, "Get something you can leave your grandchildren" Your tractor has gone one better, being passed on to the fourth generation.

quote:
Originally posted by Mack
Here's your picture ike

Let me know if you need parts to get that rear end fixed back up.
thanks, mack how did you do that with the picture? thanks for the parts offer i think i have all that i need i got them from sandy lake imp. mark

The neat thing about this is I'm sure that your great-grandfather is smileing down upon you knowing his tractor has gone to someone who truely appreciates it and will get as much service out of it as he did. Congrats on aquireing it. I'll guese you'll restore it soon right? RHA, your right about falling into stuff that someone else thinks is obsolete. I can't count the times when I've picked up something or asked someone about some piece of equipment and they say it's trash, but I could have it if I wanted it knowing that I have what it takes to fix it and keep going.

I can't say my B-10 has more than two generations on it, Unless you count cutting Grandma's grass every week in the summer! I hope my girls (Generation 3) keep it to pass on to their children. Of course I hope that's some years in the future. I wonder how a cast iron briggs would run on Hydrogen? LOL:D

That's grate David! Its nice to get something that has so much meaning and it's one of the best gifts you can get! When my grandpa past away I got his old allis. I restored it for a 4-h project and well that was five or six years ago and now I have ten Allis tractors. I'm shore you will treat her good. This was my gradpas lawn tractor.

Wow, there are some nice tractors here. I think that it's cool that people pass tractors down in families. My Great Grandpa's Sovereign almost killed him twice and then he almost killed the tractor. Once he tipped it over on a hill and it rolled 2 or 3 times. My Grandma went into the house and saw a ton of bandage wrappers lying around to find out he had cut himself badly from that. Another time he was mowing with it and it got stuck, so he got off to push it. When he pushed it his knee went up against the drive pulley that was turning and gave him quite a cut, which i'm sure hurt. Awhile after that, it fell off the back of a truck and bent the steering wheel slightly and the back fender. It doesn't look too bad after all that surprisingly. But yes, I hope my great grandpa is looking down seeing me use his 40 year old tractor. Thanks for all your posts guys.

I have dads 712H Allis. Repainted it and such a couple of years ago for him, then he gave it to me along with the 36" tiller. In the oprocess of adding a few options to it like: Right lift lever Rear Work light Seat Hinge kit Front PTO kit. Still need to Re bush the front axle support pin too. Put together a 46 HD Allis Balde for it and working on a 42" standard blade to use with the right lever. I also know where dads previous tractor ( 3112V Simplicity ) is and who has it that bought it from the AC dealer when he traded it in back in 1974. Tried to trade him a hydrolift for the tractor when he was wanting one a year ago, but didnt go for it. Got to find something irresistable I guess, but this guy is tighter than bark on a tree so I dont know what it will take...