Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I have no luck!

dbf

As I mentioned the other night, I thought I found my savior regarding finding a replacement trans for my 2110. The guy contacted thought he had a junked B-110, but he was wrong, someone had bought it last summer for parts. However, he did say mention that all "H" shift transmissions would work, including Gilson, Deutz and so on. He seemed really knowledgable and I had no reason to doubt him. Does anyone know for sure, exactly what transmission from all other manufacturers would fit my Landlord? This would really help me out considerably. He has a totally rebuilt Big 10 sitting in the shop, the engine, trans, deck have been rebuilt and it has about (according to him) 45 mins run time on it since the overhaul. I asked him how much he wanted for it, but was very non-commital in his answer. He never did give me a price. Perhaps I should look into that a little further. Dan

That guy doesnt have a clue as to what he is talking about. The only transmissions that will fit yours is same 3 speed & Reverse gear drive that yours uses from either another Simplicity or Allis Chalmers of your tractor style IE B-10, B12, B110, Simplicity 101, 2010, 2012, 2110, 2210. I think they are the same throught the 1960's , and maybe up into the very early 70's. No other brand uses that transmission. Bear in mind none of the variable spped tractors will work for you either because the shafts are different. Gilson I think uses a peerless, and Duetz is too new to use anything like you need.

Variables trans will work. I know people who converted to single pulley style. It's not a bolt in but is an option.

Yep, variables will work with some modification, also, im pretty sure that 3 speed transmissions from newer tractors will work (700, 900, ect) might be a little different but basically the same.

quote:
Originally posted by JamesK
I have 2 of those trans units , feel like drivin down?
I PMed you Dan

quote:
Originally posted by ike
talk to sandylake imp. they should be able to help you. they are great people. 724-376-2489
Thank you for the info Ike. I just sent them an e-mail. Dan