Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-1 foot peg ?

FastPaul

Dose anyone know what was one the B-1 foot peg for a grip pad? I have looked on the site but haven't found anything[:(Thanks guys

Thanks Maynard I was just down the hardware store getting some of the floor runner rubber for the 101,that,s what made me think of what might be on the B-1 Thanks again

Paul the holes were to bolt the summer or winter cabs too. I have original lit that shows it. hope this helps,Matt

Paul, on my 725 I sprayed the foot peg with truck bed liner for winter time traction, works pretty good and I like the looks of the black peg.

Thanks, Looks like you guys found the answer,I'll bet that finding one of those cabs woulden,t be that eazy[:0]

quote:
Originally posted by FastPaul
Thanks, Looks like you guys found the answer,I'll bet that finding one of those cabs woulden,t be that eazy[:0]
I've only seen one at a show. I think there was one on Ebay a a wile ago, and I know of were there is one, but have not seen it, but I don't think it's for sale. I was told that they are not the best for winter. They don't seal against the hood as well as the Original Cab Company's' do. It would be a neat item in a collection anyways. Elon

quote:
Originally posted by FastPaul Thanks, Looks like you guys found the answer,I'll bet that finding one of those cabs woulden,t be that eazy[:0]
Do you mean one of these? :D [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//attach/BruceF/snowcab3.jpg[/img] Picked this up a couple of years ago at an auction for the pricey sum of $1.00. People including the auctioneer at the auction didn't know what it was so the bidding started at $1.00.:) Will need new canvas and windows. At that time was quoted about $60 to redo it. Just haven't got it done yet.

quote:
Originally posted by FastPaul I bet thats priceless,to one of us anyway! you probably don't want to sell it? ;)
Naw, I think I'll keep it.^ I do plan to get a tractor or 2 fixed up some day along with the cab. When I do I will post more pictures.:) (May be a few years though. :( Although I hope not. ;) )

For extra grip why not try the self adhesive No-Skid stairway strips. It is like coarse sandpaper and really works great. I've seen it in most hardware stores in narrow and wide widths rolls. I've put it on my B-210 about 10-12 years ago and it's still in great shape. My opinion, but the key to keeping it stay on is to radius the corners. Sharp corners tend to lift easier.