Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help with Identity

RandyB

Hello, I just got this Allis but I can not read the ID tag except for on the right side of the tag I can read 013803 or 013808. On my 1816 those numbers are where the Ser# is. Any help would be appreciated. I have pictures listed on ACTRACTOR in Yahoo groups. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I dont know what model it is. thats what I would like to know. Also I see NO ID tag on the engine.

There are no markings of any kind on tractor other than what you posted? A serial # does not provide any info. What is needed is a MFG#. A picture would be nice but as a non paying member you can not post pictures or links to pictures. Go to http://www.simpletractors.com/default.htm and look under Allis chalmers for info

I gave you the link so you could see what you have. If you don't want to use it to help your self you can't expect others to do it for you.

UCD I would not be here if I had found it on simple tractors.com, or actractors(yahoo group), and A couple others. But You have definetly made my decision for me about whether I want to become a dues paying member, I'll scrap the damn thing and go back to cub cadets were they dont give you a hard time for asking a question let alone charge you $10 to post a picture.

You can please some of the people some of the time. You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time. Then there are those that just always want something for nothingxx( Dan aka IronPony

I went to the Yahoo site, saw the pictures and identified the tractor for him there. Wouldn't have done that if I'd seen this attitude first. Was either a B-210 or B-212. No reason he couldn't have found that easily if he'd have looked. Pat

If you can't find a picture of it on the simple tractors site it is not an Allis Chalmers. I don't know how you expect to get any help with out any info on your part. You did not provide any info on connecting to the ACTRACTOR group which is members only Why should I or anyone else want to spend 30 min to an hour searching for your pictures. As far as becoming a member everything in life is not free. The information and help you can get here is worth 100 times the $10.00 full membership fee.

First, I apoligize UCD for flying off the handle.It is unexcusable behavior. I spent the morning in the rain at 36 Deg. Trying to get this tractor and 2 others in out of the weather(I did finally get them in). I came in the house in a miserable mood and got on the computer and took it out on you. I am sorry. Second I went back to simpletractors.com, but I still did not see a YELLOW B series that looked like mine with the flat hood. Until last week I didn't know Allis Chalmers made a Garden Tractor(I live in ex IH community, JD is the only other thing around that I am aware of(excluding MTD etc etc), so I have been searching for many hours, I have found similiar (different color or different hood), but being ignorant to A/C I dont know if it is the same model different year/option or a different model. Third Thank you to PatRarick for Identifying the tractor. Fourth If I affended anyone else I apoligize Randy Burnham Canton,IL

everyone is entitled to a second chance. You have a clean slate as far as I'm concerned. If you stick around, you will find out that this club is the best on the net. Be respectful and curious to others, as they will be to you, and we'll all have a ball!:D Welcome aboard! Elon

Randy You will find that EVERYONE in the club will help you in any way we can. As for the $10 a year it is the best $10 I have ever spent!!! I have learned more in a few months than I would have on my own in years. Plus I have enjoyed the freinds and info traded here. Also the infop you learn on the briggs and kohler engines is pricless. George

Just beware of those who try to convince you that a running board tractor is better than a foot dragin tractor!!!!!!!! hehehee Sean aka Zippo

Running boards are good for collecting dirt. Who needs a running board when there is a perfectly good deck to prop your feet on?

quote:
Originally posted by MrSteele
Running boards are good for collecting dirt. Who needs a running board when there is a perfectly good deck to prop your feet on?
I like that line of reasoning Mr Steele.:D

quote:
Originally posted by MrSteele
Running board tractors are alot easier to work on. Glad to here from you Pat.

A B210 or B212 is worth hanging on to.They're gettin' kinda scarce.I have a B210 behind the garage.Is a B212 a variable speed tractor,like the 210?

Mine has a variable ratio pulley system between the trans and rear end, controlled by a lever beside the dash, if that is what you are talking about. Randy