Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Powermax tire size

richp

You guys that run ags on the large Powermax style tractors, what size tires do you run? some of the pictures in the Simpletractors gallery are running some big tires. It has been years since I looked in the gallery, as there are some fine looking tractors in there.

The largest original rears are 31.5 X 15 terra tires, kind of low double lug.Turf tires are 29.5 X 15 & the ag tires are 8.00 X 16, regular tractor tire lugs. Fronts are 6.9 X 9.00 high capacity for loader use, turfs are 20.00 X 8.00-10, & the front ags are 4.00 X 12 tri-ribs. I have pictures of all varities in my profile. The ag tire setup is the very best for snowblowing & tilling as it makes them a little narrower than the attachments. I no longer own any of them in my profile but I still have 3 lower dollar powermaxes, 2 AC720,s & 1 9020. StanD

The Manual says that the rears should be 8x16 and the fronts are 4.00x12 I like to go by the book when it comes to tire size because I'm sure they did thier homework and figured out the torque issues. I have a CFC that the previous owner had put some larger tires on. It really made the Hydro. motors work hard. (Too hard) Just my opinion, Ken

[img]/club2/attach/mikefox/P1230001111.jpg[/img] These are new high flotation tires that was an option on the Powermaxs.