Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3314-H Project

MDB

Thought I would show you guys Thursday afternoons project.

Here we have a bone stock 3314-H

Vickers hydrostat, old stlye PTO

Starting to disasemble

Engine hoist hooked to the front, floor jack supporting the rearend, I used two C clamps to hold the front axle from tipping.

Split apart

Another veiw of how I held the front up.

Removing the lefthand hub with the BIG puller:D

Here is a hint of what my project is...can anyone guess?

Another hint.....;)

Still another...

And yet another....:D

If you guessed cone clutch with 7100 stle idler pulleys you are correct8D:D

It was a pretty strait forward project, the only real mod that I had to do was drill a new hole for the PTO lever

Here it is all back together and ready to go to work, The Newly updated 3314-HCC (Cone Clutch) I started on this project at 1:00 PM on and had everthing back together by about 6;00 PM that evening. Hows that for fast, Paul?;):D

Looks great Mike, but seeing how you called Paul out, He would have painted it too!!!:D:D:D Really nice work! Elon

Nice work Mike but what took so long lol!! sounds like you had some liquid ambition for lunch;)

Good work Mike. ^ But, why in the world did you convert to a cone clutch?????? I prefer the old style PTO's. Shorter belts and no horrible belt squall every time it is engaged. :)

Nice quick job Mike, actually, a little too quick, you forgot to take off that excess iron while you had the tools out.[V]

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Nice quick job Mike, actually, a little too quick, you forgot to take off that excess iron while you had the tools out.[V]
Thought about taking the excess scrap off of it Marty but did not think the new owner would like that too much......[:0] Thanks for all of the comments guys.:D

Looks good. I for one like the cone clutch. It took me a few years to figure out the c clamped front axle tip. Makes life so much easier.

You are swooft Mike. Good rhing you done it on Thursday. Nascar season is in full swing, can't mess up the weekends! Little E, Mark, Matt, Carl etc. dewayne

Hmmmmmmmmmm wonder where that sideplate came from ????? And the speed of this project is due to the EASE of which you can work on a RBT no doubt. Looks good neighbor !!! ken

quote:
Originally posted by vfd702
Hmmmmmmmmmm wonder where that sideplate came from ????? And the speed of this project is due to the EASE of which you can work on a RBT no doubt. Looks good neighbor !!! ken
Yes, I almost forgot to thank my Old RBT Buddy VFD702:D for the 7100 side plate without which this project would not have been possible. Thankyou Ken8D As far as ease of work would rather work on an FDT anyday....;)