Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

briggs part NLA

Killer_A-C

I need a B/S part #298123 for my B1. It is the pushrod that opens the points. They a NLA from briggs. Does anyone know were I can get one? Thanks,Matt

I think I'd try Sandy Lake first. Here's a link...I know nothing about them though, but might be worth a try: http://www.oempartssales.com/Business/Products/bsignition1.htm

Sometime you can't get OEM, but never the less it looks like a part is available. Price appears to be good if Briggs would supply one. Briggs wants almost $30.00 for the 298125 that is shown.

SLI and SEPW says they cant get it. BLT were did you find one and Ill give them a try. Thanks,Matt

Matt, Why not try one of the points eliminator units that many have been installing? If this works, then all you need to do is plug the hole for the pushrod.

This is a little confusing, and may be the result of a typographical error in the parts book. According to my parts book for the model 19D engine, the plunger is part number 298123. The 23D and all larger cast iron singles use part number 298125. It's possible that the 19 uses a different plunger than all the larger cast iron engines, but I would wonder about it. Is there enough left of your old plunger to take some measurements so it can be compared to a 298125 plunger? #298125 has been superceded by #298125S, and is still available for around $20. Pat

quote:
Originally posted by Killer_A-C
SLI and SEPW says they cant get it. BLT were did you find one and Ill give them a try. Thanks,Matt
I din't find the number you were looking for, only commenting on GregC's find. Briggs has P/N 298125 available at about $28.00 according to info I saw.

quote:
I din't find the number you were looking for, only commenting on GregC's find. Briggs has P/N 298125 available at about $28.00 according to info I saw.
Bob, checked on the Briggs site this morning when I posted and the price was listed as $19.75. Went back to get the link and I see it's listed at $27.90 now. Wonder what gives? Pat

I'm with Hubbard on this, the elctronic trigger is $18.00 on E-bay with shipping. Then your done buying point etc. Ken

I got a B-110 with a 234431-0123 briggs & went to my simplicity dealer and he had about 8 points plungers in a drawer & I picked the best one, that matched my old plunger, and he charged me under half price (maybe u could do that) Good Luck F.D.

I've found many parts in the junkyard. Is always fun to go junking anyhow. I recently found a allis B210 that someone had junked out so I asked the man behind the counter what he wanted for the trans and bgb and he said 40.00 so I went and took the parts so I would have them as spare's. Looks like some parts are getting harder to find.

Hi, Try: Bob's Small Engines (Bob Blin) 505 5th Ave, Marion, IA 52302 Ph 319-377-3339 or Sisler Small Engines, (Andy Sisler) 11230 Hwy 52 South, Dubuque, IA 52203 Ph 563-582-8551 Both of these people are friends of mine. Both buy up obsolete inventory and kind of specialize in that. I a m pretty sure Andy is not open until 2:00PM CST. I have no problem if you mention that I sent you. Good luck, Al Eden