Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Below grade, subcompact tractor pull off

Leroy

Like many of the rest of you I belive this would be an event worth buying tickets for. I cannot find the results anywhere. I'm not one of those who put the numbers togeather to see if it will do the work. Because the gearing, tire size, engine horse power, implement used and the weight of the operator, all play a factor but the equipment it'self has to do the work. Noise levels, selected utilities and perscription that makes it lug till it stalls, and about the moved material over time. I recon is usefull info. I expect the Simplicty Legacy XL can compete with the rest but wouldn't it just be grand, to see new stock machines going at it to prove who's got the best bang for the buck for the Sub compact utility, tractor class?

Interesting, But would you be able to find a sponsor willing to bring truckoads of replacement rearends??

quote:
Originally posted by Jovee
Interesting, But would you be able to find a sponsor willing to bring truckoads of replacement rearends??
The sponsers would be the ones who make sub soil implements. If the sub compacts are up to snuff and the operator is not exceeding the manufacturers spec for the implement why would replacement of the rearend be a concern? I'm not talking about a race. I am talking about compitition in the area of sub soil articulation. The moving of dirt. Moving it into mound then moving the mound using tiller, box scraper, rear blade, and FEL certainly the operator should be trained. The equipment equal in most repects the loser will be the one who cannot finish the course in the slated amount of time. A loser in that, the reader of the results will be able to decide based upon the evaluation of the course.

I misunderstood Leroy. I used the "pull off" in the title to think "pull off" and the subcompact class to include everything subcompact including machines designed to do nothing but cut grass and have them pull a weight box. My bad -