Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

bevel gears

garyhb212

i just picked up a b112,the gears are striped would gears from a b110 fit? both have varable speed. thanks,gary

I would think that the only difference between a B112 and a B110 would be the engine. You can change the entire Bevel Gear Box much easier than you can change the gears, if you have the whole unit.

Somethings not right there..... A true B-110 Should be a 3 speed tractor while the B-112 is a Variable speed. The B-110's were also shorter wheel base than the B-112. The bevel gears should interchange nonetheless, but the cross shafts would not between the 3 speed tractors and the variable speeds. If you have a B-110 with a variable, someone has been playing around swapping parts. If its a B-210 that you are accessing and not a B-110 then it would be a variable speed, but the bevel gears would be different because I believe when the went to the 200 series they increased the diameter of the shafts from 3/4" to 7/8". Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sam, they changed the diameter on the 3300 series. My 212 has 3/4" and the variable speed pulleys from a 3300 series won`t fit.

the gears from the 110 are on e bay. when i crossed ref. the 110's come up with two simplicity #'s ,2110&3112 .i'm confused

Here is a BGB for a variable speed. The gear in them are all the same until they went with to the larger diameter shaft. The 110 and the 2110 are the same tractor except for the grille. One is a Allis and the other is a Simplicity.

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
Sam, they changed the diameter on the 3300 series. My 212 has 3/4" and the variable speed pulleys from a 3300 series won`t fit.
Maybe it was the Center PTO shaft I'm thiking about. If so, then its just the crosshafts that would not interchange from 3 speed to variable speed, but the gears themselves would be. The 2110 and the 3112 would use the same gears. If you dont get the gears on Ebay, I as well as others on the site usually have some laying around to sell.