Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
taxhoncho

Worth driving 100 miles for?

taxhoncho
This guy on Ebay seems to have a "tricked out" 5216. Part of me thinks this would be cool to have. Part of me thinks that this is not suited to be my weekly mower. I wish I could get the guy to send me some pictures in better lighting. Was just wondering what people around here thought of this item: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7748555888

lndscpr
keep looking taxhoncho. Things are usually slow this time of year but you will see more tractors soon. you can do much better than that. If you could wait till fall to make your purchase you could do even better but i imagine your grass will grow this summer.

ZippoVarga
On the technical side........in my opinion, unless this thing cranks out a strong 10 amps you'll be doing a serious re power to the stator for starters. Then there's the potential hack job that's been done to the wiring in the process of adding all the buttons bells and whistles. And because it appears to be a recreational unit, how often it is idling instead of running at a high enough RPM to properly lubricate and cool? It's his toy. Which could easily become someone elses nightmare. That's just my opinion on it. I would stay clear of an automobile that's been hacked up, so I guess I would stay clear of this tractor. Sean aka Zippo