Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dallenx

Simplicity 9523?

dallenx
Does anyone have any information on a Simplicity 9523 diesel? I saw one tonight at a New Holland dealer parked next to a Ford 1500 and they are about the same size. It sure is bigger then my AC620 and looks like it has a Cat "1" 3pt. It has a 60" mid-mount deck under it. I didn't know that Simplicity went that big!

tej
Simplicity imported the larger diesel tractors from Japan as did Bolens. I have a Bolens diesel with a cat 1 hitch that is made by Iseki. Iseki is Japans largest manufacturer of agricultural equipment. I don't know who made the Simplicity/AC tractors but Al could probably answer that.

JeffNemes
Simpletractors.com and this club are run by the kindness and webmastering of Kent Thomas and members gathering and volunteering info. As much as we would LIKE to say its our site - we need to make sure the credit for a lot of hard work goes to where it is due. Kent - take a bow!

dallenx
Ditto...Kent! Jeff, maybe I miss understand your reply. I found your site because you're a sponsor of Simpletractors.com and both sites have helped me greatly. Just trying to give JJNemes a plug. I wish a place like yours was around where I live.

Al
Hi, You are correct the 9523 and 5020 are the same tractor. When we got them, they came with 2 sets of decals one to make it an AC and the other to make it a Simplicity. The name plate has Simplicity 9523/ Allis Chalmers 5020 on it. We sold sevceral of them and they are very good tractors. They were 12 speed with live PTO, cat 1 3 point. The tractors were made by Toyosha and imported by Allis. Our local school has one of each. We originally sold them the 9523 and they found a used 5020 later The 9523 is approaching 10,000 hours and has only had the front PTO and electric clutch fail. The 60" deck is basically the same as the 9020 deck, Good luck, Al