Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Snowblower Malfuntion

MPH

Not sure how much snow we got, heard upwards of a foot but with the 25-35 mph wind, still blowin', it all wound up between the burms of the driveway 14 to 18 inches deep. Inspite of the wind and 0 tp -4 temp I hadda blow at least the main drag of the driveway from the shop to the road. Belt started slipping on about the 3rd pass, found the clutch pivot shaft covered with ice and too stiff to move, chipped it off and sprayed with WD-40 which got the job done. Got me wondering, would a coat of never seize on the shaft prevent this problem?? Never had it happen before.

My Sovereign 3212H has a sheild that covers the belt & pulleys and it does a good job of keeping the snow & ice off. You may want to engage & dis-engage the blower a couple of times while your blowing as well just to keep it from sticking. I hope my snow removal is done for the season as it's 54 degrees and riseing today here in Boston!!! Minus 4 degrees with the wind blowing must be a hurting thing to do without a cab or even with a cab!!! Best of luck Marty...