Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bush Hog-Non political-

Leroy

I'm fishing for answers for the best subcompact, (Happiest users) Bush hog, has sub soil implements for sub compact tractors. I asked them for which subcompacts they sell to. Agco nor Simplicity was mentioned. What Sub Compact Utility Tractors work best with Bush Hog's line of implements. From Bush Hog...
quote:
Our Sub-compact line of implements will work with New Holland, Kubota, Massey Ferguson, and John Deere Sub-compact tractors. We offer all of our Sub-compact implements in these four colors. Our line will also work with any sub-compact tractor with a standard Cat. 1 hitch.
While more of those other brands are prolly sold than the Simplicty. he did not indicate he had any painted fer it. I was asking about popularity and maybe this new bread of Simplictys have not givin him enough Business (reason) to add a paint color.

Leroy, Im my opinion.....those looking these days are looking at the box store distributors for the best deal and not at the dealers for the best quality. And that's ALL i have to say about that because it'll GET political if I go on. Sean aka Zippo.

Leroy, Those 4 brands mentioned cover probably 85% or more of the subcompacts sold each year. It's kind of like making aftermarket car parts -- would you focus on Daewoo or Kia if you were making them? Meanwhile it's only after Simplicity introduced the Legacy XL that they were considered even to be in this market, much less a major player in it. The previous Legacy was simply considered a large garden tractor, and many people still look at the Legacy XL the same way, whether that's a correct view or not...

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
Leroy, Those 4 brands mentioned cover probably 85% or more of the subcompacts sold each year. It's kind of like making aftermarket car parts -- would you focus on Daewoo or Kia if you were making them? Meanwhile it's only after Simplicity introduced the Legacy XL that they were considered even to be in this market, much less a major player in it. The previous Legacy was simply considered a large garden tractor, and many people still look at the Legacy XL the same way, whether that's a correct view or not...
On the after market parts, I don't see a relationship to the sub compact, sub soil implements. ? Yes I understand the time line and the brevity of the Legacy XL's exposure. I don't reconcile Simplicty is making an attempt to be a major player in the sub compact class. However, I am trying to generate an interest in getting the Legacy XL noticed. Those who build equipment for the sub compacts would be those most interested or so it may seem, in showing their wares to those who may get some use of them. So from a sales position the best way to generate income is to demonstrate. There is still time for the spring shows to include the Legacy XL and show how this unit performs next to those who are established. And have professional videos done to share net wide. I just think more can be done to show it off before the 20 years are up and they end up on this site as the last of the breed. Yes i expect this site to last that long.

It seems like Kubota orange equipment would be a pretty close match to use on a Simplicity. Has anybody compared them?

I have and made a visual comparison I have a dealer 4 miles from my place. The way i see it, The Kubota is more of a red than a orange after 12 years in the sun i think it looks more orangish. But as long as the paint is available it's not much a problem to paint it. Seems better to get them to paint it. If the market will show a need, maybe they will.

I have a friend who sells Kubotas & He has used Kubota orange to touch up Allis Chalmers.He has told me that the 2 colors are very close in color.As far as Bush Hog,do what everybody else does buy one & paint it Simplicty orange.Who cares if they make it in our orange color or not. I will buy whatever i can get for my AGCO 2027 Diesel & paint it if i have to.

quote:
Originally posted by AGCO918
I have a friend who sells Kubotas & He has used Kubota orange to touch up Allis Chalmers.He has told me that the 2 colors are very close in color.As far as Bush Hog,do what everybody else does buy one & paint it Simplicty orange.Who cares if they make it in our orange color or not. I will buy whatever i can get for my AGCO 2027 Diesel & paint it if i have to.
I guess that would work fine if i was just wanting to buy an implement to match. I have layed eyes on both in new condition and if you painted a implement a kubota orange the implement would look like a kubota implement. Also it would not look like a Simplicity product. While black works in most situations that hides all that color match problems. My question was, to Bush Hog "what tractor works best with their implements in the sub compact tractor class" The color issie was theirs in that, the implements they sell come in 4 colors. The color is not the issue. the Sub compact tractor test has not included the Simplicity Legacy XL. That is the issue. From a number 1 to 9 where does the Legacy XL stand on all points? I asked Popular Mechanics to round up the sub compacts for a test . It will sell magazines. I would buy one er two, and laminate it if the outcome was correct lol.

Leroy, I have a Kubota B2400. I have used a 60" brush hog with it, the tractor handles it great, other than a little smoke out the exhauset you hardly know it when you hit a gopher mound. Yes the orange is VERY close to my ACs. I have had the tractor for 10 years now and the sum total of maintenance is "filters and fluids" only. I would guess that the Legacy could handle it hp-wise but it is a much smaller tractor.

quote:
Originally posted by MikeES
Leroy, I have a Kubota B2400. I have used a 60" brush hog with it, the tractor handles it great, other than a little smoke out the exhauset you hardly know it when you hit a gopher mound. Yes the orange is VERY close to my ACs. I have had the tractor for 10 years now and the sum total of maintenance is "filters and fluids" only. I would guess that the Legacy could handle it hp-wise but it is a much smaller tractor.
Thanks Mike, I am aware of the dependability of the Kubota. The B series is a compact tractor. The Kubota paint on your AC would still make it look Kubota or just wrong. The BX is sub compact. It is the sub compacts that do not have much exposure and untill they get some in a magazine for example where folks can see test results again and again, it's unlikely that the whole truth on whats the best for the buck will be known. Some times those magazine articals end up in on line discussions and folks that dont know computers will pipe up and offer a good or bad comment on what they own and why thay made a good deal or not.

Leroy, It all comes to how much you want to spend.If you cant buy a Legacy,the BX Kubota would be a good choice.The Deere 2000 series 20 is nice also.I am a Loyal fan of Simplicity,but i will tell people weither i think a make or model is good or not in a Honest answer.I see The BX & Deere having more out in the market sold but dont under estimate the Legacy XL.Give them a few yrs when they have sold more and then you will know how they compare to the other makes.

quote:
Leroy, It all comes to how much you want to spend.If you cant buy a Legacy,the BX Kubota would be a good choice.The Deere 2000 series 20 is nice also.I am a Loyal fan of Simplicity,but i will tell people weither i think a make or model is good or not in a Honest answer.I see The BX & Deere having more out in the market sold but dont under estimate the Legacy XL.Give them a few yrs when they have sold more and then you will know how they compare to the other makes.
Yep i recon there will be some good data available in a few years. That does take a bit of time. I'm not really in the market for a new tractor, at this time. My goal is to get info compiled on sub compact tractors. The best folks for that job are the big time farming suppliers who know equipment, the techs who work on them and the end user. The magazine writers who bring out the best features and those who own em dispelling the myths. A lot of data is already out there. It may come down to, buy what you like they are all up to snuff.

quote:
Originally posted by Leroy
The color is not the issue. the Sub compact tractor test has not included the Simplicity Legacy XL. That is the issue. From a number 1 to 9 where does the Legacy XL stand on all points?
I'm not sure what points you are talking about, but the lifting capacities and strength of the Backhoe and Front end loader are almost identical to the Kubota BX 24. Speaking from my own experience the Legacy XL does everything I tell it to and doesn't complain. I love it. Greg Check out my pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/depasse/tags/legacyxl/

quote:
Originally posted by depasseg
quote:
The color is not the issue. the Sub compact tractor test has not included the Simplicity Legacy XL. That is the issue. From a number 1 to 9 where does the Legacy XL stand on all points?
I'm not sure what points you are talking about, but the lifting capacities and strength of the Backhoe and Front end loader are almost identical to the Kubota BX 24. Speaking from my own experience the Legacy XL does everything I tell it to and doesn't complain. I love it. Greg Check out my pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/depasse/tags/legacyxl/
Greg Those are the best pictures I have seen of the legacy XL. The comparison to the Kubota BX 24 is the kind of information that is usefull. Would you agree that haveing all of the current sub compact tractors on a line and doing the same chores, would be a fun?

Greg, You sure have a nice ROP & Backhoe.I also like all of your pictures.Would love to have a backhoe for my AGCO 2027 Diesel.How deep can you dig with the backhoe?

quote:
Greg, You sure have a nice ROP & Backhoe.I also like all of your pictures.Would love to have a backhoe for my AGCO 2027 Diesel.How deep can you dig with the backhoe?
It's got a 6 1/2 foot digging depth and a 10 foot reach. As soon as I can figure out how to attach a PDF file, I'll post the full specs of both the Backhoe and the FEL.

• 4 weeks later...
I just looked at the MF GC3210 TLB, in person and it has the 3 point bars folded up, not an accessory. The sub frame is beefyer than the 3200. I have not seen the Legacy XL with a backhoe in person. The salesman operated the MF GC3210 FEL and the BH and lifted the tractor in the air all wheels dangling momentarily. That was pretty impressive. The GC3210 weighs 2600 lbs so it is reasonable to assume that each implement can lift 1300 lbs or press 1300 lbs momentarily. I have seen the the big toys be able to move around using that method. To see the little ones do the same task shows me that equipment is simply smaller not less effective. The MF GC3210 TLB with a 60" mower deck was sold for 15,550 cash. He showed me the papers. Them is some good numbers respecfully. That was a 60 mile trip but the salesman was knowledgeable except for who manufactures the Massey. He did know that the L&G variety of MF was made buy Simplicty. I told him it was AGCO who owned the Massey brand. He also sells the IHCase and the Cub Cadet. I peeked at the Cub but i has been on his floor for over a year and he is asking 4400 for it w/ a 54 " mower deck. It was the 3024 model. So he is kinna diversified in equipment. It was a good visit.

You are comparing a 2600 lb tractor to a 1430 lb Legacy XL.Iseki makes all massy compact tractors. Simplicity makes the brother so to speak of the Legacy XL,& smaller models of tractors.That is not a bad del on that tractor for what you are getting.I will keep my AGCO 2027 Diesel .I breath orange but like to look at other models just to see what other manufactures have to offer.

quote:
I just looked at the MF GC3210 TLB, in person and it has the 3 point bars folded up, not an accessory.
I'm confused -- are you talking about a GC2310 TLB? http://www.masseyferguson.com/agco/MF/NA/Tractors/MFGC/GC.htm

Yes sir the GC 2310 TLB. Dislexia or long day going on there. The weight of the tractor included the backhoe and front end loader was 2600 lbs. I would guess that the backhoe was nearly 1000 lbs. Iseki makes the engine and it sounded pretty good. It had a tach on the dash as well. AGCO did have a sticker on the backhoe. They probably do have Iseki build the tractor but it would be to AGCO specs. The Japanese build reliable equipment when it comes to automobiles. The Us Job market seems pretty good at this time. The little GC2310 TLB, has got hydraulic ummpf. The grass where it was sitting was pretty and it was soaked, so he did not want to do any cookies unless i was going to buy it now. I did not see it move, beyond the hydraulics.

Dont forget, the Legacy XL configured as a TLB with mower weighs >2650 + ROPS: tractor: 1131 backhoe: 690 loader (w/o bucket): 445 estimate bucket ~80 ROPS: ? mower 300 So, it is a substantial machine.

I don't know where the XL will end up in tractor history or how popular it will become. Keeping with the non-political post, I had several solid resons for choosing the XL. But, I never would have known about it if it weren't for Kubota. Kubota advertises a lot in Family Handyman. When I first saw a small 4wd diesel with cat 1, etc, I was floored. A little research later, and I saw that Simplicity had a similar unit. Thanks, Kubota! I've owned it for coming up on a year now, and am thoroughly satisfied - and that's before I even have the backhoe! But, I have yet to see an ad for the XL anywhere.

Randy; Thats the point i was attempting to make. It's disheartening in some ways because JD has an enormous interactive web presence. Agco is a pretty basic launch pad to the other brands they provide. Now i expect the Simplicity business is being watched carefully by Briggs& Stratton (B&S) (new owners). Maybe (B&S) is yarding out the Kohlers and Techumseh's 1st. It would be real nice to see Simplicity bust out of it's doldrum web presence and get the message out that they want you to have a Legacy to share with your family. Maybe Simplicity is quite happy with having the low dollar advertizing budget. Online video clips are not that big of a deal to do, almost anyone can do it. And they dont cost an enormous amount to store. I have found more action shots of the Legacy XL on this site than i have on Simplicity's. Also found a few folks that love the Massey. It's that kind of thing that will promote the tool. Actions shots are the kind of thing folks look for when they are searching for tractors. Photos, & video clips, posted on any site that supports them, can be retrieved by a search engine. Not every search engine will find it but one will.