Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My vacuum collector

Simpleton7016

Finally got a nice weather day and pulled out some of the junk I have been piling in the shed. Here is a picture of the vacuum collector I bought from a club member. I think this is so sweet and can't wait to give her a whirl. This is really gonna make the neighbors shake their head! Woohoo! Still at least two months away though. :( That's the problem with buying summer attachments in the winter (and winter stuff in the summer). The wait is excruciating! Anywho, this is the machine that I will be hooking up in a few months so that I can begin my composting and get some monster sized veggies. Thanks for all your help and advice to date regarding better cuts, gator blades (and my hare-brained idea to try two set of gator blades), etc. If anyone has any ideas to make this machine operate better or idea's to make it look "cool" and "obnoxious", I will gladly entertain them. I would love to find a set of steer horns like Boss Hog had on the front of his car in "Dukes of Hazzard". Woohoo.

Hey Eric that looks like a nice setup,Have you tried it out yet? I Have all the stuff to make that same setup,Mabey that would be a good next project;) let us know how that works!!

Erik, you should've said something about your cow horn fetish. I had a set but gave them away last month. They were only about 4' from tip to tip though, maybe not big enough for ya? You could paint a picture on the sides of the box of Steven Kings character from the "Lawnmower Man" books that crawled around naked on the lawn behind a push mower eating all the grass, that might get your neighbors to really do a double take.

4 foot horns? Rats, I blew it!!! If I could paint worth a lick, I would try the lawnmower man idea. Maybe I will look for some lawnmower man posters on e-bay. I was thinking of just letting my boys go crazy and paint anything they wanted on it.... every once in awhile, I run across a deer head at a rummage....I thing a twelve-pont buck head would look great hangin off the side of it! Don't you? Or once of those talking Billy Bass things that everyone was gobbling up a few years ago? They are a dime a dozen now. Other ideas?