Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Did I win?

Jovee

Finally picked up two tractors I made a $50 deal on a few weeks ago. One is a '73 Wonderboy Super 808 that needs to be unmodified and the other is an ST-16 that needs minor work.

The guy was ecstatic to get these out of his yard. As an added bonus he threw in, for FREE, this fine looking blue thing

Not wanting to offend, I took it. Found, despite having no rearend nor an unbent panel, the 14hp OHV runs well. But did I win or did he ?

Hey Joe, nice. What's the blue thing, Lowes ?, anyway it looks nice. I'll be over for the ST16 next week, LOL.

The ST16 should have a tecumseh ohv 16HP. If it's junk you can part the engine out and probably double your money. The ohv head,starter and ignition systems sell pretty good, that's if they aren't the parts that are bad. Otherwise as a working tractor they aren't too bad. I've had one that I've used for 3-4 years with a snowthrower. Only wish it had a limited slip rearend. That 14HP OHV engine should come in handy too.

Tom, It is a Lowes Made To Destruct (and it did) That will teach them to pull a trailer ;). I will take whats good and scrap the rest. The ST16 is a Tecumseh :( but at least its an older one. He lost the main adj needle from the carb bowl somehow last summer. Other than that, I need a new upper grille and lights and have to put the seat cover back on. I was not aware until yesterday that this style Wonderboy had a pivot frame. Went to push it backwards and it stood up on it's hind legs and fought back :D. I also caught the 3108 giving it the eye :X

Looks like you did good on the Sears. I had an old OHV tecumseh and it was very powerful. I wouldn't give up on that upper grill yet. See if someone can repair it. You'll likely never find a good one, and repro's don't exist. I've seen lots of those sears which have nothing whatsoever left of the light area, your's doesn't look too bad.

Chris , I thought about a fix but this one is broken right at the hinge. The upper piece looks to be fiberglass and quite a bit in the hinge area is broken away. The holes for the lights are intact. I will keep watch for one. With my yard, there is never a hurry -