Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My fork lift

ehertzfeld

Thanks to Roy, he got me motivated enough to get back on my fork lift. Well It's not perfect yet but it passed it's first test. I need to rework the lower hitch, there is too much side to side motion. An uneven load will sag to that side. [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/forklift.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/forklift2.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/forklift3.jpg[/img] It is off the ground. Just not very much. This is without any counter weight. It is just using my leaky hydro lift. I haven't check the fluid so it mite lift even higher and more weight, when full. Here it is with out the pallet. [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/forklift4.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/forklift5.jpg[/img] So far I'm satisfied with it. Should be very handy if the future. A big thanks to Roy, for getting me going on it. I only started it in November![:0] Elon

Looks like you have done a very good job on it.You will never be the same without it.No more stress on the back.

Looks good Elon. Do those forks just fold up out of the way? Probably just join the middle of those lower rods with a piece of flat stock and that would take all the side to side out of it.

Nice construction of the fork assy. I think the bottom turns could be out farther which should make it more stable. A plate attached to the lower lift assembly stretching almost out to the wheels for the turns to attach to or atleast angleing them from behind the forks in to the lower lift attachment points. Just some thoughts.

Lookin good! Looks like the forks might be mounted on bolts or rods so they can pivot up out of the way? Nice idea.^ Let's see, if I can steal some or your ideas, mix them with some of Roy's 8D Wow, I must be slow thinking or typing. 2 posts since I started this one and PatickE beat me to the pivot idea .

Elon that looks great,A little fine tuning and you should be good, Between you and Roy your gonna make this eazy for to make one of these ;) Thanks for the blueprints!!

Elon, Nice job! I like it. ^ Your design is simpler than mine. Using clevis rod ends for the lower hitch link is a great idea. You obviously have access to heavier channel steel than I do. You have given me some ideas for future projects. Carry on,

Not sure if I like the clevis system. I think that makes it move alot, side to side. I got my channel from work, we use it alot on trailers. Elon

Oh the forks will fold up for storage, I just have to grind a bit off so it will pass the uprights. Elon

Elon, looks good. Have you started on the loader project yet? Wait till you see the mutant I am putting together. It redefines the term "MUTANT".

Nice work!Seems like every time I log on now,my list of things to do(want to do)gets longer!We haul forklifts on our trailers at work to load and unload with,that have fold up forks.Very handy.There is a short chain with a short piece of rod on one end welded to each upright.On the opposite side of the upright is a piece of pipe welded on.Fold the fork,wrap the chain and drop the pin in the pipe.
Here is an idea for your side sway from the old 8N.When the deck is off,the chains bolt on by the pto.

in order to use your lift arms on the 8 N the pto has to be on if I remember correctly. Sway chains look like accident waiting to happen.

in order to use your lift arms on the 8 N the pto has to be on if I remember correctly. Sway chains look like accident waiting to happen.
You are right on that!There is no way you can use the lift with the pulley on.I just put the arm on for the picture,then put it back on the shelf.