Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Whew! That was close!!

WITom

Here in WC Wisconsin, we got up to 62F today. I spent the better part of the day outdoors soaking up the nice weather. I ALMOST decided to remove the tire chains and snow blade from my Deutz Allis 1914. Figured the worst of the snowy weather was past us. But, I hadn't payed too much attention to the forcast - until tonight. Now they're predicting a possible major snowstorm Sunday night. Most years, if we get even a few inches of snow in March, I don't even bother to clear the driveway as it will usually be melting within a few days. I figure there is no point in wasting the gas and putting more wear and tear on the tractor and blade. But this sounds like it has potential to be a real dumper!

Where is alma center? I haven't heard anything about snow, but until it is time to till or mow, I leave that snowthrower or plow on. This will be the last season of that though....my new "summer tractor" should be here soon! No more screwing with front attachments. Major snowstorm? I sure hope we get some of that here in Milwaukee!!

I'm about 10 miles north of Black River Falls. Approx mid-way between Tomah & Eau Claire, about 4 miles east of the Interstate.

Gotcha....that's about as far away as you can be from me and still be in Wisconsin! 8D Best of luck with your snow....we are under a thunderstorm watch down here right now....

85 degrees here today, so I mounted the spout rotater, that I have beem fabricating, onto my snowblower. Don't think we will have any more snow here in VA. Just wanted to get everything hooked up before taking the blower off for the summer. Only used it once this winter.

Hey guys, suppose to get up to 85 here today 50 miles east of Memphis. predicting severe weather tonight, rain. storms hail wind tornados etc possible. Already had 1 tornado 15 miles west of me Thursday morning. Makes working on tractor in shop kind of iffy. It's real hummid now. dewayne

hey tom im from southern ohio, we come up there to br falls to ride the atv trail system up there . we love it up there.

No high humid problems here this morning, 52 below, must almost be spring time in Alaska, only gotta warm up 12 degrees^:D

There was a song in the early 1960's that said;; when its spring time in Alaska its 40 Below, so they wasnt wrong,Here in Northern IL. We got Robins (birds) yesterday..

Minnesota checking in. Temp now (Sunday at 3:30 pm) is 41. No snow on the ground and a very mild winter. But there is still hope. Calling for 4-6 inches of snow tonight. Man I hope so. Want to put my equipment out to work instead of sitting in the shed, acting as a mouse house. I plan to make one heck of a blizzard with my blower.

8:55 pm CST it is now snowing in NW Wisconsin. I pumped up the tires on a couple of tractors to get ready (funny how they lose air from non-use). But I don't know why I bothered...it won't amount to much...it hasn't all season.

We are heading to Iron River WI. on Wednesday to hopefully get in a last shot of snowmobiling. Hope they get some snow tonite! We have not had any measurable snow to speak of in north Iowa since before Christmas. Mark

Hi, Used to go the this area up around Milston and Camp Mc Coy snow mobiling. Back in the 80s Had 3 JD JDX8s. The 74 would eat anything around, but it liked cylinders. Put over 1000.00 worth of cyls and pistons and bore jobs 1983 dollars in it, That was when a dollar meant something. My cost, I did the work. It would get the slightest bit lean and wide open and it could suck a piston in 100 feet wide open. With 4 snowmobiles and 4 kids, all I did was fix snowmobiles in the winter. Went to Marshfield in 83 and picked up a new 1983 9523 Simplicity diesel and loader from a dealer. We stayed in Tomah truckers told us not to drive the rest of the way at night because of the deer. Had the big trailer and asked the man at the motel about the restaraunt across the street. He said it was BAD and I should go uptown. Unhooked the trailer and went to the recommended place. Food was awful and the service terrible. Just before we left the guy at the motel came in and took the money out of the register and left. Wonder what the other place really was. Used to have a great time riding up there. Al Eden

Yes, the deer are really bad around here. When I was first out of high school, I drove a 3/4 ton Chevy with a big grill guard - used to aim for them but could never hit one. I got rid of that pickup and since then, I've hit one on a motorcycle breaking my leg in 6 places, and hit two with two different late model cars. I just hit one this past summer. Going about 50 mph at about 4:30 am - seen him coming full bore from the right. Hit the brakes as he tried to leap over the car. Smacked the windshield on passenger side, flew up over the car, and fell dead on other side of road. Luckily, only damage was shattered glass and broken radio attenna. The deer I hit with the bike was killed as well - tore his whole hind quarter wide open. Lots & lots of atv riding around BRF. One trail goes right by the industrial park where I work. We sit outside on break and watch them all go whizzing by. Makes me wish I was doing that rather than working! :) Snow is done in this area now. Ended up with a lot of slush under about 3" of snow. Supposed to get down to 14F tonight - should make a nice ice rink!

• LOCAL 4CAST: ***WINTER STORM WATCH THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING*** THIS AFTERNOON: Partly cloudy. High: 41. Wind: NW 8-16 mph. TONIGHT: Becoming cloudy with snow developing by morning. Low: 28. Wind: E 6-12 mph. THURSDAY: Snow likely. Total accumulation of 3 to 6 inches possible.
Woohoo! Not 14 or 19 inches, but enough to have fun nonetheless. Just wish I would have got the snow cab situation figured out this winter. Oh well, I have all summer!