Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
vansmith

Synthetic Hydro Lube

vansmith
Thought I would weigh in on the synthetic issue. I plan to use Amsoil ATH hydraulic transmission oil in my sunstar hydro unit. Of the three Simplicity recommended fluids two are hydraulic oils. Mobil DTE13M and Texaco HD46. I know some of you are using synthetics in your engines as am I. I wonder if anyone has experience with Synthetics in the hydro.

Al
Hi, Don't know what to tell you to use, but most of the service schools are up on the synthetics, the only reason the OEMs don't use it is the cost and as you know a nickel is a big deal on products. Al Eden

BobT
I've used Mobil 1 synthetic ATF (Dextron) in my AC 416H Vickers hydro for several years now without any difficulty. I also use a synthetic blend 80-90W in the bevel gear box and transaxle. I used to have difficulty backing up the driveway when it was cold. Haven't had that problem since switching to synthetic.