Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
GWGAllisfan

Training tractor drivers

GWGAllisfan
It was Beautiful weekend here in NW GA, despite every weathermans prediction of rain, it was sunny and nearly 80 degrees. Decided to get the mowers out and let the children ride some. Here's me with the two tractors, a 990314 landlord re-engined with a 10 HP, and a 1966 B-10.

Both the tractors are kind of what they used to call 20 footers, lots of rust and such, but run well. Here's the allis and the older child ]

Then there's the landlord and it's driver

They rode for several hours on the new road cut behind our house. If you look close you can see the top of the loader crawler, to give an idea of how deep a hole that is. I had to walk along side since the younger child was too short to operate the clutch, and that tractor is stopped by shorting a wire to the dash. ( I put in a new switch today) It was nice to have the girls enjoy the tractors. we also had two little neighborhood boys walk by and I heard them say something about "That cool old tractor" Isn't it strange how most people automatically call these tractors, not mowers? I'm still trying to decide whether to bring them (the tractors) to Virgina in April. On the one hand they aren't pretty, but they are mine:)

msiebern
Unless you have a big trailer, I wouldn't take either of them. With those new drivers coming on, you will have to buy another one while there and bring it back home :D Good looking kids and tractors too. Its good to see youngins today that are acutally smiling when they are around their parents. Should provide a lot of quality time when it comes to outside chores and yardwork. Looks like maybe an older Broadmoor or B207 or 208 would fit the bill just right for the younger one!

AGCO918
Take the tractors with you.You will regret it if you dont in the future.It is Great to see your kids taking interest in tractors instead of being in front of the tv all the.