Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

OH 180 Tecumseh

SmilinSam
Picked up a couple of sear tractors at a auction today. Is a Tecumseh OH 180 a engine that has any value at all? Or were there not enoug out there to be of potential interest. I dont know who all used them in tractors.

lboy1971
they'd probably be of interest to old Sears and Bolens tractor guys. I don't know what models if any came with a Tecumseh OH 180 engine but if it's the same general size as the 16HP version then there were alot of Sears that used that. Too bad it wasn't a Kohler OHV 18hp cast iron engine. Those are easy to find homes for.

msiebern
Bolens used a lot of the OH140 & OH160. Haven't seen that many 180's, although it should replace any 160 or 140 very easily. Early Massey Ferguson's used Techumseh's but I think they were mainly the HH series.

Chris727
I sold a GT18 last year. It was one of the last suburban types and it had an OH180. I sold the whole thing w/no deck for $200 needing some work. I had a lot of interest in it w/that engine. Advertise it on a Sears site and you'll probably do all right with it. I know the solid state ignition is probably worth $50-80 if you part her out, the carb if good is worth about $50.